• Use a non-alcohol after shave balm/lotion

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Just splash with cold water or jump in the shower

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Nothing or other

Votes: 47 45.6%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
In keeping with my never ending efforts to [-]be unreasonably cheap[/-] push the LBYM envelope, I am questioning if after shave is really necessary.

Last edited:
You mean they still make that stuff? I thought all the old men who used that stuff in the 70's would have died off by now :)

About 8 or so years ago, I read an article that said that the one thing men don't do but should is to use a moisturizer... apparently shaving daily can take its toll on your skin. So that's been part of my normal routine for a while (as a side benefit, many have SPF protection as well).

About 8 or so years ago, I read an article that said that the one thing men don't do but should is to use a moisturizer... apparently shaving daily can take its toll on your skin. So that's been part of my normal routine for a while (as a side benefit, many have SPF protection as well).
So you voted for option two (that was my intent)?

steelyman said:

I definitely need moisturizer, but I just use the same lotion on my body as I use on my face.

I shave with a good old straight razor, and I do use a non-alcohol after shave balm.

Last edited:
You mean they still make that stuff? I thought all the old men who used that stuff in the 70's would have died off by now :)
They've graduated from one permeating odor to another. :LOL:

I use an electric razor and have never used after shave.

You mean you're not supposed to swallow that stuff after you rinse out your mouth? Ruh-roh...

Seriously, though, aftershave is a submarine [-]recreational beverage[/-] atmosphere contaminant. Once you get [-]used to the new smell[/-] out of the habit, starting it back up doesn't seem to make much sense.

In keeping with my never ending efforts to [-]be unreasonably cheap[/-] push the LBYM envelope, I am questioning if after shave is really necessary.
About 8 or so years ago, I read an article that said that the one thing men don't do but should is to use a moisturizer... apparently shaving daily can take its toll on your skin.
I decided to avoid the whole issue by cutting back to shaving twice a week, and indulging in regular salt-water hydrotherapy.

Bay Rum aftershave.

Ater my once every 7-10 day shave (whenever it starts getting annoying under my bike helmet chin strap) I just wipe off the debris. I cannot imagine splashing alcohol on it.

i have found that shaving cream/soap is not needed either. I shave just as close and smooth with little burn using water and the new fangled multi-blade razor with the slime strip. Or maybe it is the slippery water that comes out my tap.

I use The Original Mane 'N Tail Moisturizer-Texturizer on both my face and hair (the few that I have). It's great stuff. Ask any horse.:)

For survey purposes I voted non-alcoholic, even though Mane 'N Tail does contain a minute amount of alcohol per the ingredient list.

Back
Top Bottom