Air Duct Cleaning Secret

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I cleaned air ducts the other day for someone who is sort of famous. After consulting several sources, and in an effort to protect his/her identity, I have decided to withhold any further information that may violate that person's right to a secretive duct cleaning....

:blush:

Lebron was my first guess but his house is brand new.

Or Chrissy Hynde? She's also a famous local but I'm not sure she keeps a home here.

Or maybe one of the Mothersbaughs? They are the DEVO guys.

I don't get the impression that many celebrities like having their names bandied about in public by people who do services for them.

I don't get the impression that many celebrities like having their names bandied about in public by people who do services for them.

Why would anyone want to, anyway? It's not very professional, IMO. Many of us deal with celebrities (or high level politicians, in my case) now and then in our work, but wouldn't post their names on a message board. :rolleyes:

It would seem to jeopardize one's chances for repeat business with that celebrity, as well as potential business with any other celebrities who happen to hear of it.

Darn I thought "Air Ducts Cleaning Secret" was going be a secret way to clean air ducts :(

I've worked with a number of people who thought they were important... :rolleyes:

Darn I thought "Air Ducts Cleaning Secret" was going be a secret way to clean air ducts :(

Me, too. I'm still waiting to try CFB's leaf blower trick on my dryer ducting. :D

The ducts are much cleaner now, you did a great job, thanks.

Me too. I have two dogs and a cat who are not famous but they shed a lot of hair.

heh heh heh - ;)

I actually do have an airduct cleaning secret. My secret they don't typically need cleaning unless you have specific problems. From the EPA website: Should You Have the Air Ducts in Your Home Cleaned? | Indoor Air | US EPA

If no one in your household suffers from allergies or unexplained symptoms or illnesses and if, after a visual inspection of the inside of the ducts, you see no indication that your air ducts are contaminated with large deposits of dust or mold (no musty odor or visible mold growth), having your air ducts cleaned is probably unnecessary. It is normal for the return registers to get dusty as dust-laden air is pulled through the grate. This does not indicate that your air ducts are contaminated with heavy deposits of dust or debris; the registers can be easily vacuumed or removed and cleaned.

and

You may consider having your air ducts cleaned simply because it seems logical that air ducts will get dirty over time and should occasionally be cleaned. While the debate about the value of periodic duct cleaning continues, no evidence suggests that such cleaning would be detrimental, provided that it is done properly.

On the other hand, if a service provider fails to follow proper duct cleaning procedures, duct cleaning can cause indoor air problems. For example, an inadequate vacuum collection system can release more dust, dirt, and other contaminants than if you had left the ducts alone. A careless or inadequately trained service provider can damage your ducts or heating and cooling system, possibly increasing your heating and air conditioning costs or forcing you to undertake difficult and costly repairs or replacements.

Yes, thanks for the good read, I was actually doing research (not fun) on an air purification system for the house ever since I walked into my neighbours house and all I could smell is cat litter. Oh MY!!!!!!!. Lennox has a Pure Air system that I'm looking into now.

Is thefed cleaning ducts in an undisclosed location for Mr. Cheney?

ta,
mew

Back
Top Bottom