Airport full body scanners working better than expected

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
.... sez a site referencing this story:
Airport body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslims say | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

"Saying that body scanners violate Islamic law, Muslim-American groups are supporting a “fatwa” – a religious ruling – that forbids Muslims from going through the scanners at airports.

The Fiqh Council of North America – a body of Islamic scholars that includes some from Michigan – issued a fatwa this week that says going through the airport scanners would violate Islamic rules on modesty".

:cool:

Haha! I almost wrote an insensitive remark about certain people. Im proud of myself for holding back. Pats self on the back:

That BLT was damn good for dinner. Specially with that spicy mayonnaise.

Last edited:
Radio commentator said yesterday that the full body scanners don't work because they block out the private areas, hence the "Fruit of Kaboom" bomber. Also, said that Islamic women terrorists were considering breast implants of explosive materials. Also, things designed to be inserted in various body cavities. What'll they think of next? Former Homeland Security Chief Chertoff is making a bundle of money off the scanners and that is the reason for the big push for everyone to have them in their airports. Don't know if all this is true but makes for interesting discussion.

I really don't understand the opposition to full body scanners. Frankly, people who are worried that someone else might get some pleasure out of seeing them naked exhibit a certain narcissism. The way I see it, if someone wants to look at my flabby, wrinkled old parts -- well, that's their misfortune. I don't care. But then I've never had any problem with the open group showers at the gym either.

Radio commentator said yesterday that the full body scanners don't work because they block out the private areas, hence the "Fruit of Kaboom" bomber. Also, said that Islamic women terrorists were considering breast implants of explosive materials. Also, things designed to be inserted in various body cavities. What'll they think of next? Former Homeland Security Chief Chertoff is making a bundle of money off the scanners and that is the reason for the big push for everyone to have them in their airports. Don't know if all this is true but makes for interesting discussion.

I always take what talk radio hosts say at face value. :whistle:

Also, said that Islamic women terrorists were considering breast implants of explosive materials. Also, things designed to be inserted in various body cavities.
Fat, slow, and hanging right over the plate...

I guess that really would be a Steely Dan.

Back
Top Bottom