Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Alec Baldwin --- Ranting
Old 04-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

Why does America need to know about Alec Baldwin and his daughter's therapy session with Dr. Phil? And I'm not meaning to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this whole thing sounds more and more like it was deliberately staged/leaked to assist Mr. Baldwin's book/lobbying efforts. I couldn't care less about either Mr. Baldwin or Ms. Basinger, nor do I have any strong opinions about custody rights, so I really don't have a horse in this game. This is just looking more and more like a deliberate publicity stunt, whichever side started the whole mess.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream
Keep in mind and it's been said before, there are 3 sides to every story. And we haven't heard all 3.
True, but I heard what he said, and there is no side to the story that would justify a parent saying that to his child.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKH
True, but I heard what he said, and there is no side to the story that would justify a parent saying that to his child.
Sure he was wrong. But Kim baby was limiting his access to the child in violation of the law. And he knew that she would hear the voicemail. He just never imagined that she would release it to the press. Do you think she had the interests of the child in mind when she did that.

He claims to be leaving 30rock to pursue the larger cause of Child Alienation by the spouse with custody. So this soap opera has a few more episodes... :
Old 04-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowan
Sure he was wrong. But Kim baby was limiting his access to the child in violation of the law. And he knew that she would hear the voicemail. He just never imagined that she would release it to the press. Do you think she had the interests of the child in mind when she did that.

He claims to be leaving 30rock to pursue the larger cause of Child Alienation by the spouse with custody. So this soap opera has a few more episodes... :
It could be she was limiting access. And if so, she's guilty of abuse as well. But if his anger so overcame him that he was willing to viciously attack his child - and to do so on a recording, with a wife who had litigated everything else to death and who he must realize would take the recording to the judge, then the man has anger issues. He is not in control. He has no business seeing his kid, at least not without someone else there to protect her, until he gets his rage on a leash and doesn't take it out on his child.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKH
It could be she was limiting access. And if so, she's guilty of abuse as well. But if his anger so overcame him that he was willing to viciously attack his child - and to do so on a recording, with a wife who had litigated everything else to death and who he must realize would take the recording to the judge, then the man has anger issues. He is not in control. He has no business seeing his kid, at least not without someone else there to protect her, until he gets his rage on a leash and doesn't take it out on his child.
He has landed in the news before, for things like tearing up a hotel room. Maybe he should be sent to anger management classes; I think I recall reading that they can work. It might help him and anyone who knows him. He can't feel very good about going off on his child like this.

Ha

Old 04-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...

I heard that he appeared on "The View." Isn't that punishment enough?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:42 AM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Send a message via Skype™ to kcowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKH
He did not attack his child. He was talking to Kim. The child is doing what Kim directs her to do. This is the core of child alienation. The desire to please the remaining parent at any cost.

BTW he is not seeing his kid anyway. He has no rage towards her. He loves her and wants to see her. He is just frustrated. And now that Kim has done this despicable act of releasing a personal communication to the press, how do you think the daughter feels?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
I heard that he appeared on "The View." Isn't that punishment enough?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #49
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKH
Has he agreed that he said it?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #50
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcowan
He did not attack his child. He was talking to Kim. The child is doing what Kim directs her to do. This is the core of child alienation. The desire to please the remaining parent at any cost.

BTW he is not seeing his kid anyway. He has no rage towards her. He loves her and wants to see her. He is just frustrated. And now that Kim has done this despicable act of releasing a personal communication to the press, how do you think the daughter feels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream
Has he agreed that he said it?
Here's a link to the actual audio, so you can hear for yourselves. http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0419_baldwin.mp3

It's very clear that he is talking to his daughter (unless Kim is in fact 12 years old). He curses at her, he calls her a pig - twice. He threatens to fly in especially to "straighten you out."

And if Kim did release it, she's as abominable as he is. But she claims she did not. She says she turned the tape over to the judge in their custody case, and that he is the only one she's allowed to hear it. I think it's absolutely correct to give it to the judge. If someone in the judge's office released it, then they should be fired and possibly sued.

And yes, he's done a press conference where he lays all the blame on Kim. Couldn't possibly be a lack of control on his part.

L