All U Good Folks East of Sierra Nevada's are BIASED

Is that some sort of sports collective? Where are they going?

:confused: Something big happening for the Giants?

Just the WORLD SERIES starting today

World series? Is any other country beside the US participates?

By the way, why is it called football when the oblong pointy ended gizmo is only allowed to be kicked on special occasions?

Now there is real football where touching the ball, a real round object, with hands is penalized. Unless it is the goalie.

Some of us have waited a long time see another World Series game at The K.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

World series? Is any other country beside the US participates?

Yes - Canada (The Toronto Blue Jays and they won the series in 92 and 93.)

Last edited:
Well you're right about the 'World' series description. Japan plays a pretty mean game of baseball. Plus the Cubans and South American's.

Boy. Those guys are looking good. Normally, if it's not the Cubs or Red Sox, I don't pay attention, but tonight I wave my cap to those who left their heart.

Boy. Those guys are looking good. Normally, if it's not the Cubs or Red Sox, I don't pay attention, but tonight I wave my cap to those who left their heart.

Just one game, but boy, my 'Gigantes' did a good job tonight. Still fearful of KC's speed. Luckily they weren't on base that much tonight. But, when the are, watch out. You can't coach or defend against speed.

Ps... and as to your reference to Tony Bennett. I like the way Boston plays "Sweet Caroline". We play Tony B's "I Left My Heart...." after every home win.

Last edited:
Ps... and as to your reference to Tony Bennett. I like the way Boston plays "Sweet Caroline". We play Tony B's "I Left My Heart...." after every home win.

That's a great tune to have on your side (SF). I'd love to have a chance to see the Giants or 49ers in person.

Good luck to both teams. It's World Series time!

When I was a kid, I used to watch the Giants play in the Polo Grounds, since they left NY, I will no longer support them or the Dodgers. But hey, I'm in Texas, so go Rangers in 2015.

It's the Sierra Nevada. No need for using a plural. Sierra means mountain range. There's only one. And it's a beautiful one!

Go Giants!!

The Dodgers? Wait 'til next year!!

But hey, I'm in Texas, so go Rangers in 2015.

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that they (The Rangers) will not finished the 2015 season any lower in the American league standings (not pct) than they did in 2014. :LOL:

By the way, why is it called football when the oblong pointy ended gizmo is only allowed to be kicked on special occasions?

Now there is real football where touching the ball, a real round object, with hands is penalized. Unless it is the goalie.

football-vs-handegg-1777-1247170336-105.jpg

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that they (The Rangers) will not finished the 2015 season any lower in the American league standings (not pct) than they did in 2014. :LOL:

Ouch!!!

Dem giants have da best manager in the NL -Bruce Bouchy.

And yet, somehow not only did he put Strickland the Human Launching Pad on the WS roster when he was getting lit up by Washington and St. Louis, but also continues to put him in close games and tough situations where a home run will all but end the game, and.... *whack* (gone)..... well, there goes Strickland again. (Yes, that's FIVE homers given up in 5 1/3 innings in the playoffs for him.)

Bochy has always been a really good October manager, so his affinity for Strickland really puzzles me. He should not sniff another appearance on the mound in the rest of the series if there is ANY reasonable doubt about the outcome of the game.

Back
Top Bottom