Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

<snort!>
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I had a package delivered and doorbell rung. I brought the package inside. A moment later the doorbell rang again. The Amazon guy had forgotten to take a photo and asked me if he could take a photo to show my package was delivered.
LOL! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I haven't seen photo delivery here yet. Yesterday I was checking online on a scheduled delivery. It said that my delivery was next and showed a map with the truck around the block. I waited a moment or two and refreshed the webpage. It now showed the truck was in my driveway. I went to the door and managed to meet him as he was walking up. I think I surprised him.
CRLLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:07 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

No photos yet - just texts when USPS or UPS (sometimes fedex) delivers a package. We don't have private drivers or Amazon trucks to my knowledge.
Ronstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

I noticed that if I pull up the orders page on Amazon, the tracking drop down will have a thumbnail picture if it was delivered by Amazon. They used Lasership (contractors usually in personal cars) for many of the same day deliveries, but recently they have been delivered by Amazon in unmarked Mercedes vans (almost all are dented up already) by non-uniformed drivers (but wearing Amazon branded safety vests). This is in the Atlanta area...
Old 11-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #26

They take photos all the time for our deliveries. There have been a number of thefts in the neighborhood so the photo at least proves the package was dropped off at the correct location.

One time they hid the package behind my garden hose. If it weren't for the picture I never would have thought to look there. It's a little creepy, but I think overall it's for the better to have proof of delivery.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:24 PM   #27

Last week my neighbor (a mile down the road) had a FedEx delivery on the 20th. He didn't know it was supposed to be delivered yet. On the 24th he looked up the tracking code and found that it had been delivered on the 20th. After a lot of looking, he called FedEx and they said it had been delivered. He later called them again and they said "the driver couldn't find his package on the truck." It was at the warehouse and would be delivered. This was on the 25th. It is really dark (about 7:30) when the deliveries happen out here. I guess it was too dark and too late for and extra 20 minutes to come out to our area.
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

People on Nextdoor are always searching for packages in our neighborhood. Too many similar house numbers.

I have a Ring video doorbell. The first week I had it, I caught a "delivery" that consisted of them chucking the item about 15 ft onto the doorstep. Ring actually has a "best of" of these kinds of deliveries on their website.

BTW, that item actually broke. Amazon took care of it no problem. They didn't ask for the video.
JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:23 PM   #29

The Amazon contractors are a problem. We live in a secured condo building. USPS, UPS and FedEx can get in, but these contractors cannot unless someone lets them in. Also they tend to just drop boxes in the lobby or mailroom, while UPS & FedEx take it to the individual front door. We've had some deliveries disappear or not come on time due to Amazon's use of third party contractors.
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivinsfan View Post
I swapped my dumb phone for a Samsung 8 on Black Friday..went on my DD and SIL phone plan, they're only going to charge me 20 bucks a month the line access fee.

USPS put the phone on their front step Sunday morning, didn't even ring the doorbell...
Not needed at my house. Have a furry "doorbell" whose full time hobby is looking out the front window. She "loves" UPS deliveries.
brucethebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:16 AM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
I had a package delivered and doorbell rung. I brought the package inside. A moment later the doorbell rang again. The Amazon guy had forgotten to take a photo and asked me if he could take a photo to show my package was delivered.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:58 AM   #32
Full time employment: Posting here.

The photo would also provide the GPS coordinates of the delivery location. If they misdeliver a package it would be easy to find.
tinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #33
Give me a forum ...

I saw a news story this AM about the rash of package thefts this time of year (not sure if the rate is any higher, but it's a "must" report kind of story this time of year) and it was one more reason to enjoy retirement...my furry doorbell alerts me immediately when someone has delivered something, so no need for it to sit outside until I get home from w*rk!