Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #141
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Elise is the only album I will buy/dpwmload out of all of these. All great singers, but I bought Haley's album and Elise fits that bill also............guess I am a Janis Joplin Joni Mitchell kind of guy.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #142
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
guess I am a Janis Joplin Joni Mitchell kind of guy.........
Janis and Joni !! In my book, that's a real man. If you admitted to admiring a cat at some point in your life, you'd get bonus points in my book. but that's probably better left alone

Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #143
Administrator

Unbelievable show tonight! I can't believe that some people aren't even watching the show. They are missing some incredible music.

I thought Skylar and Jessica didn't do that well in Round One, but they sure did in Round Two. Hollie was fantastic in both rounds.

My favorite was Joshua Ledet, this time. He has so much natural talent that I think it just spills out of him effortlessly.

My guess is that Philip Phillips will probably be eliminated this week. Not that he wasn't good - - all of them were IMO.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #144
Give me a forum ...

I'm totally with you that Phillip should be eliminated. He was weak tonight. However, I'm afraid there are a gazillion teeny-boppers dialing and voting for him as I type this. I hope I'm wrong.

I couldn't see how he and Joshua were in the top three last week.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #145
Full time employment: Posting here.

Philip was a little weak---and a little one-dimensional. I'm getting tired of the growling and grimacing. Skylar is always consistently good in her country-rock mode. Hollie definitely wasn't stiff and had a beautiful tone in her voice. Jessica and Joshua were both amazing.

I wonder if Joshua could really win. He may be perceived as being gay, although not as flamboyant as Adam Lambert (who didn't win)---and not even out (minister's son).

Was anyone shocked that Joshua, Ryan, and all the judges don't even know what a daffodil is? They wondered what type of flower was in Joshua's lapel and came to the conclusion that it was a tulip! I thought even a kindergarten kid would know what a daffodil is---it's one of the top spring flowers!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #146
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

They are all talented. But I'm getting a bit tired of both Phillip's grimacing and Joshua's screaming.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #147
gone traveling

I can't stand Joshua's screaming falsetto voice, the 'too-small' clothes fit, and the whole gay attitude he has. I loved the duet last night. Phil had soo much fun teasing Joshua. I like Phil. I like his attitude and I like that he's enjoying just being there and not trying to give people what he thinks they want. He gives people exactly what he really is. From his wardrobe choices to his white man dance moves all herky-jerky. He's REAL. Joshua is an act and a pretty poor one at that.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #148

All three girls had a good nite, and Joshua was lights out. Phillip has overstayed his welcome.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #149
Full time employment: Posting here.

I agree it was a great night overall. High quality.

I'm very happy for Hollie and am rooting for her. She has taken the toughest criticism from the judges all along. And her attitude seems great. She is cute. She has a great voice. I hope she goes all the way although it seems unlikely.

I don't care for Skylar. Her appeal is lost on me. I think her voice is annoying and she seems very one dimensional.

I have not cared for Joshua much but I'm starting to like his voice better. Less screaming would be nice though. I can see why some would be tired of Phillip and his routine. I guess I just like that he does not seem to care and just does his thing regardless of what everyone else tells him to do. He just doesnt care. He is the honey badger of this competition.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #150
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuirWannabe View Post
I'm very happy for Hollie and am rooting for her. She has taken the toughest criticism from the judges all along. And her attitude seems great. She is cute. She has a great voice. I hope she goes all the way although it seems unlikely.
Agree. Hollie was amazing last night. Her rendition of "Bleeding Love" blew me away.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #151
Administrator

She was amazing. Here's her other one from last night, which blew me away, too! I loved the fact that she was actually strutting - - quite an accomplishment and big change after the way the judges beat her down earlier in the season. Too bad this video doesn't show that.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #152
Administrator

I can't believe the results! She is such a great performer.

I do agree with the judges that this top five was top notch. Great show last night.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #153
Give me a forum ...

Surprised to see Skylar go tonight. Thought for sure she'd be in the top 3. Hollie seems a bit like this season's Haley Reinhart. Hanging in there like a champ.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #154
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron
Surprised to see Skylar go tonight. Thought for sure she'd be in the top 3. Hollie seems a bit like this season's Haley Reinhart. Hanging in there like a champ.
Thanks for the spoiler (((eyes rolling)))
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2035 View Post
Thanks for the spoiler (((eyes rolling)))
Uh...this is the "American Idol 2012" thread.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #156
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
Uh...this is the "American Idol 2012" thread.
Right! We were out, so I clicked here to see who's gone. Now I know. It's all good.

-ERD50
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #157
Give me a forum ...

I would have had Skylar ahead of Phillip and Joshua, and even with Hollie and Jessica.

Oh well. Damn teeny-boppers. How in the world is Phillip still here? Don;t get me wrong, nice kid, but not anywhere near the others.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #158

"Those boots were made for walking"!

I think at this point the Judges should keep quiet, no need for them to influence the out come.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #159
Give me a forum ...

I miss Simon Cowell. It seems to me that the judges are too positive and rarely critical these days. When was the last time we heard a terrible performance called out as a trainwreck?

Stephen Tyler is a bit of a joke as a judge. The only good thing I have seen him do in two years is call out Heejun for his antics.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #160
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I'm surprised that Phillip wasn't even in the bottom two. I thought Skylar would make top 3 but not win it all. Her voice is a bit too nasal and the country theme is getting tiring. Phillip was not good at all on Wednesday. But he must have a good fan base. Jessica is on a different level than everyone in the competition from the beginning. But I think she's too young to relate well to the audience and with experience she could be huge. She just needs to connect more. I really don't like Joshua at all but the judges seem to gush over him every week. I'm thinking Joshua & Jessica in the top two.