Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
...And then there is this one, which is so touching!
probably one of the best "moments" from last season. And IMO hugely better than the Jennifer Hudson rendition.

pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #22
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
probably one of the best "moments" from last season. And IMO hugely better than the Jennifer Hudson rendition.
I think so too. I thought very first time she sang it on Idol was the best, because it was so soon after Whitney's death and so full of emotion. So, I edited my post to change it to that version, instead of the "best moments of this season" when she sang it again later on.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I think so too. I thought very first time she sang it on Idol was the best, because it was so soon after Whitney's death and so full of emotion. So, I edited my post to change it to that version, instead of the "best moments of this season" when she sang it again later on.
+1 I liked the competition version better as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I watching the premiere show tonight. I'm already wondering if there is setting on my DVR where it could recognize the portion of a program where a person with rainbow colored hair is speaking, then designate it as a commercial for fast-forwarding purposes.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
I watching the premiere show tonight. I'm already wondering if there is setting on my DVR where it could recognize the portion of a program where a person with rainbow colored hair is speaking, then designate it as a commercial for fast-forwarding purposes.
+1
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
I was pleasantly surprised - she wasn't nearly as bad as I thought she would be - but it is still very early so I'm withholding judgement for now.

I thought Keith Urban was funny when he said he felt like a cat post sitting between those two.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #27

I only saw a few minutes from last night, but thought the two female judges were talking over each other too much.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

The best part for me is the contestants. I really like this young lady.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #29
Administrator

Thanks for the video, Purron! I watched the whole show but was out of the room for just one brief moment, during which this contestant sang. So, I only heard it just now. I agree, she does seem very good.

Nicky Minaj was OK, I guess, but I reserve judgment until we have seen her a few times. She might have been on her very best behavior. Mariah was more patient with her than I thought she would be.

There were a few that didn't make it, that I enjoyed listening to. And then there was that girl that sang "Summertime" - - which in my opinion is the easiest song to sing that has ever been written. She was good but I didn't think she was *that* good or original. Still, they raved over her and sent her to Holllywood. Oh well! The judges probably know what will sell, and what won't.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Kez Ban. Love her voice and orginal song. She's knows she won't win but sure is interesting. Kez Ban, Auditions Chicago ~ American Idol 2013 - Video Dailymotion
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Kez Ban. Love her voice and orginal song. She's knows she won't win but sure is interesting. Kez Ban, Auditions Chicago ~ American Idol 2013 - Video Dailymotion
I enjoyed this audition although they have already used it as a ratings ploy. Not sure where that (music) style fits in the whole "Idol" genre but it will be interesting to follow. I think that song could be recorded now.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
The best part for me is the contestants. I really like this young lady.
I agree. Great control and she's a homey.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #33

Bah. I watched the premiere. I'm not sure if I'm just growing tired of this or if it moves much more slowly than before. I got bored listening to all the lead-in, lead-out and storytelling.

I briefly tried to watch the second show but quickly got bored and went to do something else.

I picked up the show in season 6 auditions when a relative was watching and I overheard a montage of contestants murdering Prince's "Kiss".

I've been okay with the judge changes so far, even though I didn't expect to like J-Lo and Tyler, I wound up liking them on the show. After show 1 this season none of the new three have grown on me yet. Maybe I'll try again next week, or maybe I'll wait until the city auditions are over. Or maybe I'll quit wanting to watch.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #34

It seems to me that they've gone back to showing more train wrecks. It seemed to me that a few years ago they made a change spending more time on the great auditions and paying only token attention to the bad auditions, but now they've gone back. I think we'll be just zipping through the auditions.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Thanks for the video, Purron! I watched the whole show but was out of the room for just one brief moment, during which this contestant sang. So, I only heard it just now. I agree, she does seem very good.

Nicky Minaj was OK, I guess, but I reserve judgment until we have seen her a few times. She might have been on her very best behavior. Mariah was more patient with her than I thought she would be.

There were a few that didn't make it, that I enjoyed listening to. And then there was that girl that sang "Summertime" - - which in my opinion is the easiest song to sing that has ever been written. She was good but I didn't think she was *that* good or original. Still, they raved over her and sent her to Holllywood. Oh well! The judges probably know what will sell, and what won't.
I disagree, she has a vocie that is incredible. She went to school at the Berkeley School of Music in Boston, which is a very prestigous place. She has all the vocal tricks and tone to go a long way. When Mariah Carey likes your voice, you have a good voice.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
I enjoyed this audition although they have already used it as a ratings ploy. Not sure where that (music) style fits in the whole "Idol" genre but it will be interesting to follow. I think that song could be recorded now.
Agree. Great song. Kez Ban would do great if they had a Tom Waits week Yeah, her making it to the top group or a Waits theme week are not gonna happen.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #37

I think we have a front runner. This original song could be on the radio right now.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #38
Administrator

Utrecht, she was terrific! Right now she is #1 for me, although I can't really pick a favorite until we hear more.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 02-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Utrecht, she was terrific! Right now she is #1 for me, although I can't really pick a favorite until we hear more.
+2 That was a special "moment" but it is early and there is a long ways to go. It seems to me that the girls are rockin' this year.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #40
Full time employment: Posting here.

The girls are doing well this year.

I have noticed they (the judges) seem to be giving a lot of lee-way. Forgetting lyrics seems to be no problem. They let some girls go through that hummed the whole song! Reading the lyrics on your hand? They might have been dressed down for that, but still went through.
Simon must be spinning in his grave (or X-Factor show).