American Idol 2013

Charlie Askew just fell apart during tonight's performance and the judges were not encouraging. I can't help but think something is going on behind the scenes. Anyway, I really hope he is voted through but he might not be.

I don't really have a favorite yet. It's fun to have two local New Orleans area singers among the top 20.

As for the girls, I hope Zoanette is voted off.

I think Charlie has some obvious emotional issues. I hope he doesn't go over the deep end when voted off tonight.

Great show tonight. I would say that most were outstanding - a couple would be on my time to go list but when we get to the top five or so it is going to be really hard. A lot of talent, especially on the girls side.

Excellent performances last night; the Girls are pulling away.

Excellent performances last night; the Girls are pulling away.

I agree. I don't see any of the guys having a serious career. Maybe the multi lingual guy just because of demographics.

Bikerdude said:
I agree. I don't see any of the guys having a serious career. Maybe the multi lingual guy just because of demographics.

I don't think sexual preference ought to be a factor.

I am disappointed with the guys too, now that Charlie Askew has been eliminated.

Curtis Finch Jr. wasn't outstanding last night, IMO, but in previous performances I thought he was pretty good.

Our local New Orleans contestant, Burnell Taylor, is getting some local coverage and he is "the real deal". He seems like one of those people who grew up under less than ideal circumstances and has had little to no opportunity in life, but he has still managed to make the best of it. I think he is pretty talented too, but maybe his talent needs a few years before he is ready for AI.

I don't have a favorite yet although I did enjoy listening to most of the contestants.

Edited to add: A surprise sing-off with Charlie Askew! His rendition of "My Sky Blue Diamond" (his own song) was beautiful!

Last edited:
Has anybody loaded and used the AI mobile app? I loaded it but when it said it would post in my name to a social networking site I decided not to use it. It seems as though it has the potential to skew the vote with the one click 50 vote option. People who use the phone for voting will be at a disadvantage IMO.
I wonder what the shows execs are thinking.

They're probably thinking that most of the audience they concern themselves the most about has smartphones or tablets.

The Voice actually has the most logical voting approach: Considering paid iTunes downloads more heavily.

Since the music business is a business, and the prize is a recording contract, it would make most sense to me to make the whole voting system 100% a reflection of viewer purchases of downloads. I wouldn't get a vote, but that would be fine.

Last edited:
The Voice actually has the most logical voting approach: Considering paid iTunes downloads more heavily.

Since the music business is a business, and the prize is a recording contract, it would make most sense to me to make the whole voting system 100% a reflection of viewer purchases of downloads. I wouldn't get a vote, but that would be fine.
I wonder who gets the Itunes royalty when a judge/mentor has his contestant sing one of their songs. Blake Shelton seemed to do that many times with his or his wife's music. As Randy would say, "Just saying man, you know".:cool:

Heard Candice might do the Cure's "Love Song" tomorrow night. Might be brilliant. Adele did a great cover of this song:

Adele - Love Song - YouTube

I loved Candace's performance last night! She is so talented.

I was also impressed with Angie's first performance, even more than usual, but the judges didn't agree. Oh well! Maybe that good impression was just because she was first? Her second performance was good, too.

I want Amber to win it all. She definitely has the vocal chops. Plus style. And a sexy way of looking askew. She's been getting better & better every week. If she came out with an album of jazzy-kinda standards representative of what she's sung so far--like "My Funny Valentine" and "What are You Doing the Rest of Your Life"--I'd buy it.

Amber Holcomb Performs: Sudden Death Round - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 12 - YouTube

All four are amazing! I loved Candace's performance too, Purron.

I was so glad that Harry Connick Jr. was the mentor this week. He is the real thing, a New Orleans native son and did a great job. I thought his advice was perfect.

Last edited:
While a lot of folks talk about the top 5 all being great, I think really this top 3 is the real core group of talent this year. Janelle and Amber are good, but Kree, Angie and Candice are a level above, and I think all three are likely to have long singing careers. I think the next two weeks is going to come down strictly to who messes up, or if no one messes up, simply a genre choice: Country versus Pop/Rock versus R&B.

All four (and perhaps even five if you include Janelle) of the girls are American Idols in my mind and this has come down to more of a likeability (personality/appearance) contest at this point vs one being a superior singer/performer than the other, however, I think that Candace has probably been the most consistent throughout, so suspect this is hers to lose only if she messes up. Also, agree with W2R's comment about Harry's coaching.

I was rooting for Amber to take it all, but gotta admit she stumbled recently, while Candice just kept on being great. With Amber out, I'm now rooting for Candice. She has got the voice and style. And hoping Kree gets 2nd place. Kree's gonna have a great opportunity at a decent career whatever happens here on out. Angie's very good, but to me has too much of the "look at me" attitude, so that's why I place her 3rd in my book.

Last edited:
I was rooting for Amber to take it all, but gotta admit she stumbled recently, while Candice just kept on being great. With Amber out, I'm now rooting for Candice. She has got the voice and style. And hoping Kree gets 2nd place. Kree's gonna have a great opportunity at a decent career whatever happens here on out. Angie's very good, but to me has too much of the "look at me" attitude, so that's why I place her 3rd in my book.

+1

I should say, that Amber, while very good, never quite got over her lack of confidence thing.

I should say, that Amber, while very good, never quite got over her lack of confidence thing.

I was surprised and a little shocked that she didn't know the words to one song, or the emotional meaning of another. They have time limitations, but these are a priority and she failed to produce. She has tremendous talent, but to me that doesn't excuse singing "la-la-la-la-la" instead of the words.

Oh well, artists. They live in a different world than I do. I am sure she will have a tremendously successful career, even so.

Back
Top Bottom