Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #241
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
Purron,

I like Adam to a certain degree (he can sings high notes like Steven Tyler), but he makes a lot of noise when he inhales when he sings, and that so bothers me. I would think a good singer like him should have learned to inhale silently, so I just can't get over that.
Listen to his live stage performance from Brigadoon:

His studio recording of Feeling Good from American Idol:

And let me know what you think.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #242
Give me a forum ...

Purron,

I did listen to both. Wow, he sounds so great on the first one! (Brigadoon). He is one talented dude! His diversity is amazing.

For some reason, I still didn't like Feeling Good. It almost sounds like he has developed some bad singing habits in the recent years?

I can tell from Brigadoon though that he probably has more talent than all the other ones put togehter...

Gothic, classic, Elvis lip curling, theatrical, rocking, creepy (Ring of Fire), ... the list goes on.
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #243
Give me a forum ...

O.M.G.

I just finished listening to Danny sing (Dream On). He was TERRIBLE. Unbelievable. If this was an audition, he would be gone. He just doesn't have the range needed to sing that song. I agree with OldBabe. He looked like a business man stopping by at a karaoke bar after work, take his suit jacket off and came on stage (probably drunk). Seriously.

My bottom of the bottom this week - Danny
My top - Adam
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #244
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Purron,

I did listen to both. Wow, he sounds so great on the first one! (Brigadoon). He is one talented dude! His diversity is amazing.

For some reason, I still didn't like Feeling Good. It almost sounds like he has developed some bad singing habits in the recent years?

I can tell from Brigadoon though that he probably has more talent than all the other ones put togehter...

Gothic, classic, Elvis lip curling, theatrical, rocking, creepy (Ring of Fire), ... the list goes on.
Thanks for listening to these songs. Adam does envoke many different reactions and emotions, but IMHO, he has a rare talent. The bottom line is, what does he do after Idol? At this point, it really doesn't matter if he wins as much as where he goes next. Adam has a huge international following and I hope he lives up to his full potential. By the way, Ring of Fire is my favorite song of his so far. OK, I'm a funky middle aged lady who grew up on Jim Morrison and David Bowie. I kinda like artists who push the envelope.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #245
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Thanks for listening to these songs. Adam does envoke many different reactions and emotions, but IMHO, he has a rare talent. The bottom line is, what does he do after Idol? At this point, it really doesn't matter if he wins as much as where he goes next. Adam has a huge international following and I hope he lives up to his full potential. By the way, Ring of Fire is my favorite song of his so far. OK, I'm a funky middle aged lady who grew up on Jim Morrison and David Bowie. I kinda like artists who push the envelope.
Hey - I don't care much for Adam's theatrical presentation, but i'm whichoo - Ring of Fire was perfect for him and i liked it best. Nice twist(ed take) on Cash's classic.
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #246
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post

Hope all you guys enjoyed Paula's cleavage tonight.
I thought Adam was great, Danny was good. The duets were also good especially Adam and Alison. I think it is goodbye Chris tonight.

Yes Paula's cleavage was awesome. Although I still lust more for Cara.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #247
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
O.M.G.

I just finished listening to Danny sing (Dream On). He was TERRIBLE. Unbelievable. If this was an audition, he would be gone. He just doesn't have the range needed to sing that song. I agree with OldBabe. He looked like a business man stopping by at a karaoke bar after work, take his suit jacket off and came on stage (probably drunk). Seriously.

My bottom of the bottom this week - Danny
My top - Adam
Danny would have done better with a Joe Cocker or Rod Stuart song not sure what he was thinking with that dream on song ,Allison could also have chosen a better Joplin song.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #248
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Danny would have done better with a Joe Cocker or Rod Stuart song not sure what he was thinking with that dream on song ,Allison could also have chosen a better Joplin song.
Yep, Danny didn't choose a good song for him. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Huey Lewis or Bruce Springsteen.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #249
Gone but not forgotten

I must be an Idol fan . I had my SO drive straight home from the airport so I could watch the show . I thought the best duet was Adam & Allison and I really did not think Kris was that bad . He's so cute how can you not like him . I also think whether Adam wins or not he has a future in the music business .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #250
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I thought Adam was great, Danny was good. The duets were also good especially Adam and Alison. I think it is goodbye Chris tonight.

Yes Paula's cleavage was awesome. Although I still lust more for Cara.
Kara is the bomb........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #251
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Yep, Danny didn't choose a good song for him. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Huey Lewis or Bruce Springsteen.
"The heart of rock and roll is still beating"..........

I think Supertramp would have been awesome, or Genesis........

Old 05-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #252
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Purron,

I like Adam to a certain degree (he can sings high notes like Steven Tyler), but he makes a lot of noise when he inhales when he sings, and that so bothers me. I would think a good singer like him should have learned to inhale silently, so I just can't get over that.
He needs a talented voice coach. Anyone remember Madonna in the early days? She had a real breathy inhale you could clearly hear. She got some voice lessons and her tone and everything became MUCH better. I like Adam, the only thing I don't like about him is he is ALREADY been FOUND as far as Hollywood is concerned. He's NOT an unknown like Kris, Danny, or Allison........

Of course,w ehave been down this road in the past, with the Irish chcik from last year having an album out under her maiden name, etc.

I guess I like the TRUE UNKNOWN talent. Adam has been singing musical theatre for many years and his name is out with agents and scouts.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #253
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
"The heart of rock and roll is still beating"..........
Now THAT would have been great! I read somewhere Kara will be back next season. Hope this brings a smile to your face
Old 05-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #254
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Kara is the bomb........
But Adam is smokin' HAWT. I don't care if he's gay. He makes me feel like I'm 21 again and I'm not the only one. I found a very active thread in the Idol forums called "Grannies for Glambert". Lots of crazy, fun lovin' gals
Old 05-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #255
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
But Adam is smokin' HAWT. I don't care if he's gay. He makes me feel like I'm 21 again and I'm not the only one. I found a very active thread in the Idol forums called "Grannies for Glambert". Lots of crazy, fun lovin' gals
LOL. He does have the mysterious dark handsome bad boy look down cold. Reminds me of Elvis at his peak. But still doesn't him being gay take him down a few notches in the Hawtness factor?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #256
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I guess I like the TRUE UNKNOWN talent. Adam has been singing musical theatre for many years and his name is out with agents and scouts.
True but Susan Boyle cut a record, and Idol has had lots of back up singers and even folks with a record contract. Once they moved the age up to the late 20s I think it is inevitable that we will see people with a musical career on Idol. I also think it makes the show better.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #257
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
LOL. He does have the mysterious dark handsome bad boy look down cold. Reminds me of Elvis at his peak. But still doesn't him being gay take him down a few notches in the Hawtness factor?
Not for me
Old 05-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #258
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Wow, that surprises me. I can't imagine being attracted to him, even if he was staight and even if I were a young thing. Oh well, carry on with your fun!
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #259
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
Wow, that surprises me. I can't imagine being attracted to him, even if he was staight and even if I were a young thing. Oh well, carry on with your fun!
Now I'm thinking I wish I hadn't posted those remarks. Got a bit caught up in the season and set astray by the "Grannies for Glambert" group. Oh well, Idol will be over soon and I'll go back to my same, ole boring self. Helping out at the shelter and tracking our investments. It's been fun while it lasted I must confess DH finds it kinda funny and has teased me a bit. He doesn't mind though since I've been feeling a bit more frisky these days
Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #260
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
I must confess DH finds it kinda funny and has teased me a bit. He doesn't mind though since I've been feeling a bit more frisky these days
Watching American Idol as an aphrodisiac!
Who would have thought it?
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote