Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #261
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
Wow, that surprises me. I can't imagine being attracted to him, even if he was staight and even if I were a young thing. Oh well, carry on with your fun!
Now that surprises me, even an as old straight guy, I understand why woman of all ages would be attracted to Adam. Pretty much every woman I've heard talk about the show thinks Adam is hot The guy has charisma oozing out of his fingernails, a winning smile and oh is remarkably talented. Honest to God rock star qualities. Chris has conventional good looks the kind of guy you'd be happy your daughter married.

Other than Meghan it has been lousy year for us guys though.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #262
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
Now that surprises me, even an as old straight guy, I understand why woman of all ages would be attracted to Adam. Pretty much every woman I've heard talk about the show thinks Adam is hot The guy has charisma oozing out of his fingernails, a winning smile and oh is remarkably talented. Honest to God rock star qualities. Chris has conventional good looks the kind of guy you'd be happy your daughter married.

Other than Meghan it has been lousy year for us guys though.
Thanks clifp. I'll take this as a sign it's OK for me to resume my foolish behavior. Looks at picture...faints....*thud*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adam 8.jpg (65.6 KB, 0 views)

Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #263
Administrator

He does absolutely nothing for me, though I don't know why not. I guess he's not my type. I just don't believe his act is genuine. Even his sincerity strikes me as phony.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #264
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
He does absolutely nothing for me, though I don't know why not. I guess he's not my type. I just don't believe his act is genuine. Even his sincerity strikes me as phony.
Always had a soft spot for those edgy bad boy rockers. Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, etc. Adam's off screen personality is so different from when's he's on stage. Not sure what's real, but who does with Idol? All I can say is when he's on stage, I'm fastinated. Just curious, what kinda guy gets your motor purrin, other than your SO?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #265
Give me a forum ...

I will miss Allison I simply fell in love with her. For such a young girl, I give her props for handling this so well.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #266
Administrator

I was completely blown away by her incredible goodbye performance. She is a true artist - - she was in tears but instead of letting that hinder her music, to cope with her feelings she poured them all into that song.

As for attractive celebrities? Clint Eastwood, and more now than ever.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #267
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
But Adam is smokin' HAWT. I don't care if he's gay. He makes me feel like I'm 21 again and I'm not the only one. I found a very active thread in the Idol forums called "Grannies for Glambert". Lots of crazy, fun lovin' gals

I'm with you ! Remember David from HGTV design store ? He was gay but sooo hot . I think Kris is also sexy in a boyish way .
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #268
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post

Yeah. He does nothing for me either.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #269
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I'm with you ! Remember David from HGTV design store ? He was gay but sooo hot.
You betya sista!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #270

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire

Yeah. He does nothing for me either.
Me either. I don't think I have ever been attracted to a man wearing makeup or jewelry or having his eye brows styled or... but I like 70's hair styles on guys though (slightly long)
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #271
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Now THAT would have been great! I read somewhere Kara will be back next season. Hope this brings a smile to your face
Kara makes my heart beat faster....... I was in love with Paula in the late 80's....... This year, Meghan and Alexis Grace were the cuties. Less cuties than previous years, though.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #272
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
Me either. I don't think I have ever been attracted to a man wearing makeup or jewelry or having his eye brows styled or... but I like 70's hair styles on guys though (slightly long)
So, a fan of mullets? (short in front, PARTY in the back)

Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #273

With Allison gone, my interest in the show is almost gone. What a shame! At least Danny showed genuine shock when her departure was announced. I'm sure he's a good guy but for me he just doesn't have any star quality. Maybe he'll have a chance to surprise us.

But I don't think it's even a contest anymore. Adam will run away with it. Kris will come in second. Danny a very lame third.

Adam is very talented but I wonder if he really has any chance at wide appeal. He is such an odd combination, the pretty bad boy but gay. I wonder if he would have any lasting appeal as a pop singer? Maybe he'll find a bigger role in musical theatre. He's really perfect in that area with his over the top performances.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #274
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
With Allison gone, my interest in the show is almost gone. What a shame! At least Danny showed genuine shock when her departure was announced. I'm sure he's a good guy but for me he just doesn't have any star quality. Maybe he'll have a chance to surprise us.

But I don't think it's even a contest anymore. Adam will run away with it. Kris will come in second. Danny a very lame third.

Adam is very talented but I wonder if he really has any chance at wide appeal. He is such an odd combination, the pretty bad boy but gay. I wonder if he would have any lasting appeal as a pop singer? Maybe he'll find a bigger role in musical theatre. He's really perfect in that area with his over the top performances.
Hey, being gay rocker should HELP Adam, it certainly did NOT hurt Freddie Mercury........

Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #275
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I think you underestimate the group of people that would probably buy his music...people under the age of 30...a great majority of them don't care what a person's sexuality is and I'm guessing that many of them actually prefer someone who is a little different. And aren't most rock singers (notice I didn't say pop singers), a little over the top anyway?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #276
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGuy View Post
I think you underestimate the group of people that would probably buy his music...people under the age of 30...a great majority of them don't care what a person's sexuality is and I'm guessing that many of them actually prefer someone who is a little different. And aren't most rock singers (notice I didn't say pop singers), a little over the top anyway?
No matter what, Danny will sell more albums than Adam. Rock and roll, although big, is not as big as it once was, pop music and R&B are bigger, and country is growing every year. Carrie Underwood is doing pretty well as a Christian music and country star. Neither Adam or David Cook are Chris Daughtry material, he has the "edge" to his voice that rock fans love.......

Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGuy View Post
I really wasn't questioning his future popularity because he is gay. Not in the least. It's his personality that I'm in doubts about. Like W2R said, he seems like a phoney, as if he's been acting and performing his whole life. My reactions are personal and since I'm an Oldster, I am very likely way off base. So I'm going to defer to you guys.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #278

I think Adam would do great in Las Vegas, changing costumes every 30 minutes and covering different music genres. Or another Freddie Mercury type in a rock band, but I have a feeling Adam would probably enjoy the Las Vegas scenes more and make more money.

I hope Danny won't become another Taylor Hicks, but I have a feeling he might.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #279
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

I didn't watch the results show, but I am not really surprised that Allison lost. I never understood the appeal of Allison, sure she could sing but no real personality, and horrible fashion sense.

I think Adam will easily win the contest and will produce a platinum record. Danny will come in second, and Chris a distant 3rd. i am not sure either Danny or Chris will have much of future in the music industry, although I certainly can see Chris as the lead singer for a boy band.

I guess this difference in a opinion is why the show is so popular. Although, my interest has flagged in the last month just because I think the winner is obvious.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #280

Why does everyone assume Adam is the winner when Danny is the only one never to have been in the bottom 3. I think Adams followers are Adam followers, could it be that others are 'anyone but Adam' followers.

If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote