Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #281
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I think Adam will be very successful. He is causing an international sensation. The Adam Lambert forum on the Idol website has easily five times as many posts as any of the others and I'd guess about 30% are from overseas, particularly Europe, Canada and Australia. Adam's songs have sold more i-tunes downloads than Danny and Kris combined and he has tremendous appeal to a wide age group. At this point, it really doesn't matter who wins, but of the final 3, I predict Danny and Kris will fade away and Adam will skyrocket.

If find the "phony" comments very curious. He doesn't impress me as phony, just smart and professional. People who have worked with him before Idol talk about him being dependable, hard working, and easy to get along with. He's the kind of person who shows up on time, has his performance memorized, and supports the production crew and other performers. On the show, he is respectful and mannerly when talking to the judges and the other contestants consider him the "camp counselor". He has a healthy relationship with his parents and little brother and impresses me someone who is comfortable with himself.

I think Adam's done his best to play by Idol's rules without losing himself in the process. Perhaps that's why some question his authenticity. On stage, he is something quite different than "real life", but this reminds me of how Elvis and Michael Jackson had powerful stage personalities but were so different when not performing.

Here he is on the cover of the next issue of Entertainment Weekly. I find it sad they still have to discuss the "gay issue".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adam Lambert Ent Wkly.jpg (67.1 KB, 0 views)

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #282
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
Why does everyone assume Adam is the winner when Danny is the only one never to have been in the bottom 3. I think Adams followers are Adam followers, could it be that others are 'anyone but Adam' followers.
For me, it's not all about the winner. It's all about the music, and that is why I miss ANOOP!!! And, I will miss Allison, and Matt. I would have been in heaven if Simon had announced that Anoop, Matt, Allison, Danny, Kris, and Adam would all be co-winners and would all be singing every single week until next year's AI begins.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #283
Give me a forum ...

Adam is theatrical . I've been around some Broadway musicians and actors ( friends of my son ) and they act on and off the stage . As for Danny he's boring with a capital B and how he escaped the bottom three is beyond me . I'd like Adam to win but it does not really matter . He's going to be successful whether he is the winner or not .
Old 05-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #284
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Adam is theatrical . I've been around some Broadway musicians and actors ( friends of my son ) and they act on and off the stage . As for Danny he's boring with a capital B and how he escaped the bottom three is beyond me . I'd like Adam to win but it does not really matter . He's going to be successful whether he is the winner or not .
Fastinating. Is your son involved with Broadway? Oh, and I coudn't agree with you more about Danny. *yawn*
Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #285
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Fastinating. Is your son involved with Broadway? Oh, and I coudn't agree with you more about Danny. *yawn*

My son's partner was an orchestra leader on Broadway . My son was a programmer for video games.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #286
Give me a forum ...

"Danny Gokey Day" is in full swing in Milwaukee today, they are putting out the red carpet for him 100%.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #287
Full time employment: Posting here.

Danny and Chris sound like watered down versions of way too many artists. Adam and Allison are the real future American idols not sure why America would vote for Danny and Chris over Allison
Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #288
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic23 View Post
Why does everyone assume Adam is the winner when Danny is the only one never to have been in the bottom 3. I think Adams followers are Adam followers, could it be that others are 'anyone but Adam' followers.
Excellent point! I really think (hope!) that Chris may surprise us next week.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
"Danny Gokey Day" is in full swing in Milwaukee today, they are putting out the red carpet for him 100%.........
He had a free concert in Milwaukee today that reportedly drew upwards of 20,000 people!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #290
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
Excellent point! I really think (hope!) that Chris may surprise us next week.
I thought Kris did an absolutely wonderful job with that very difficult Beatles song last week, much better than Adam or Danny, but apparently I didn't hear the same vocals as did the rest of the universe.

It seems to me that Simon doesn't think much of Kris. Because of that, I am thinking that either Adam or Danny is going to be the winner.

I don't have any reason to think the show is rigged, but Simon seems very insightful and influential because it seems like people he disses usually don't do very well.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-10-2009, 04:43 AM   #291
Full time employment: Posting here.

Sometimes i also have issues as to whether the show is rigged. I've often wondered how the show verifies the accuracy of its phone in votes,a system wide open to manipulation and deceit ..
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 AM   #292
Give me a forum ...

Cute video of a little Adam Lambert fan:
Old 05-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #293
Give me a forum ...

I found out some interesting things about Danny Gokey on his various interviews last Friday:

1)All he sang before American Idol was gospel music. Almost ALL the songs he sang this year he never HEARD of before. That is a HUGE contrast to most of the other contestants, who have been singing rock or popular music for a long time.

2)He likes Paula but admits at times he doesn't understand what she's saying.....

3)He thinks Simon gives good feedback, but you have to read between the lines to know what he's REALLY saying.

4)Win or lose, he has no regrets, but he was very clear in saying: "I want to win"......

5)Almost 20,000 people showed up for a 40 minute concert he gave in town.......

Adam probably will win, but Danny will have a good career in music. Obviously, he could do ballads, a Christian album, and of course, hopefully, a Christmas album. I think that would sell well......

I am sure Allison, Kris, Matt, and Scott McIntyre will get albums. Not sure about Lil Rounds.......

Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #294
Give me a forum ...

Great show !They all did great ! I'm not a Danny fan but he was good tonight and Kris was good and Adam was good so whoever wins deserves it .
Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #295
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Great show !They all did great ! I'm not a Danny fan but he was good tonight and Kris was good and Adam was good so whoever wins deserves it .
They ALL will have recording careers, that's for sure.......

Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 PM   #296

Why is Simon wearing this white Hanes (or is it Jockey) V-neck undershirt as a with stains (or is it Paula's makeup)?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #297
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
Why is Simon wearing this white Hanes (or is it Jockey) V-neck undershirt as a with stains (or is it Paula's makeup)?
Simon only wears three colors, white, grey, and black........

I wish Simon and Paula would keep their horniness contained until after the show, they are like a couple of hormonal teenagers in the back seat of a Chevy........

Adam probably will win, but Danny and kris are fighters.......

Danny's second song last night might have been the best vocal of the year for him.......

Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #298
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Danny's second song last night might have been the best vocal of the year for him.......
It was fantastic! His rendition of "You Are So Beautiful to Me" was my favorite performance of the evening. If I had voted, it would have been for Danny on the basis of that song. But really, they were all so close that it's hard to say who will win.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 05-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #299

Adam got carried away with his high notes (he seems to think that's his thing, because he didn't do it in every performance in the beginning, but now seems like he does) - that version of ONE was terrible...

when our family sings karaoke, we can do a heavy metal version or pirate version of most songs and Adam seems like he'd fit in our karaoke sessions with his heavy metal high notes.

I don't think he'll sound too good on the radio - on the other hand you'll want to hear chris and danny's songs on the radio...

I like chris the best...
Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #300
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright eyed View Post
Adam got carried away with his high notes (he seems to think that's his thing, because he didn't do it in every performance in the beginning, but now seems like he does) - that version of ONE was terrible...

when our family sings karaoke, we can do a heavy metal version or pirate version of most songs and Adam seems like he'd fit in our karaoke sessions with his heavy metal high notes.

I don't think he'll sound too good on the radio - on the other hand you'll want to hear chris and danny's songs on the radio...

I like chris the best...
I like Kris but he doesn't have the chops of Danny or Adam. Danny's 2nd song last night was the type of performance I have not seen enough of these past few weeks. He knocked that song out of the park.......