Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #321
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
Does anyone know the contract terms between AI and the contestants? I wonder if it's the same between the winner and runner up?
I think they aren't allowed to release their album before the winner, not sure what the other terms are...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #322
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I had a feeling tonight that Kris would win and he did . I liked both of them but Kris is more traditional and I'm sure Adam will go on to have a career in music .

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #323
Full time employment: Posting here.

So what do you guys think about the new Idol? Am I surprised? A little! I think Adam Lambert is brilliant. But I think the teeny boppers voted big time. Kris is a cutey. I think a lot of people were drawn to that gosh gee whiz personality that Kris has. A lot of mid west people maybe? However I think Adam will probably go further.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #324

Ya gotta be kidding Chris whats his name? he just does nothing for me,Basically a watered down version of Barry Manilow. Adam may have lost tonight but his career is going to be awesome..End of sour grapes
Old 05-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #325
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Ya gotta be kidding Chris whats his name? he just does nothing for me,Basically a watered down version of Barry Manilow. Adam may have lost tonight but his career is going to be awesome..End of sour grapes
Yeah, I'm shocked too. It's a shame when good looks is a bigger factor than talent in the music industry. I think Kris is a great singer but I bet Adam has a bigger career.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #326

Kris is good enough to do just fine in the music business. He'll sell plenty of CD's, more than many might think. For a while.

I think Adam has a chance of being successful for a long time, however, doing a variety of things. Example: "We are the Champions". It's one of the world's cheesiest songs, but his vocal talent was very evident on probably the best overall performance of the finale show.

If I'm Brian May (Queen guitarist), I'm handing Adam my phone number and a note that says "call me when you are done with the Idol pop singer obligations."
Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #327

Well, even Kris was baffled! I think he has a lot of potential but he's not quite there yet. He has a really nice voice and a very attractive presence. You never can tell what he might accomplish.

I never thought much of Adam but I was in the minority and I'm an oldbabe so what do I know?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #328

I don't think Kris is super good looking (Hey, Jason Castro was SUPER cute!!!). I think he ended up taking most of Danny's votes when Danny left, is what I think has happened. Plus Adam fits more into the TV show we had a couple years back, called RockStar Supernova (First season was finding a lead singer for INXS, and the second season was for Motley Crue.) - the majorities of American Idol fans probably don't listen to Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin or Kiss - their focus is pop.

I am actually a little surprised that Adam came as far as he has. Maybe the demographic is changing! I am personally tired of listening to Elton John's Don't let the sun go down on me, or Billy Joel's songs, or Barry Manilow etc.

One thing we are certain of is that it doesn't matter if you are #1, or 2, or 3 or even 4. Some get the right kind of music and publicity to make it really big and some... not so much.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #329

it was simple voter politics - danny's votes went to kris...if you went to the effort of voting for danny, i don't think adam appealed to you more than kris...
Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #330
Give me a forum ...

I am happy Kris won. The judges hyped Adam WAY too much. Both will do fine with music careers. I still think Danny will sell more albums than Adam or Kris. As a matter of fact, I think Allison could form her own rock band and be the next No Doubt or Evanescence.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #331

Surfed the net and found out that 38 million votes came from Arkansas? So are they all going to support Kris by buying his CDs etc? Winning a voting game is one thing but really supporting the guy's career is something else!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #332
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I did my part . I voted five times last night for Adam so I guess that dethrones Purron and makes me his biggest fan !
Hey Moemg, LOVE the fact you and I are the Adam fans around the ER forum! Yea, he didn't win American Idol, but I'm thinking he won "International Idol" and his career will be just fine. I know Adam loved performing with Queen and Kiss last night. Peace, love and Rock and Roll!
Attached Images
File Type: gif adam avatar GIF.GIF (22.4 KB, 76 views)
Old 05-22-2009, 04:59 AM   #333
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I have a youth baseball game tonight. Won't be home until 8:30 pm or so. Not going to DVR because Danny's not in it. I don't care who wins anymore........

David Cook is coming to our local fair this summer, I'm going to go. They called him the "surprise winner" of last year's American Idol. Surprise? He outsung Archuleta all the time..........
FD you screwed up man. The all star line up of rock and pop stars was impressive (Although in the case of Rod Stewart, I sort of felt like American Idol is where pop stars go before the nursing home.). The absolute highlight was Kara dissing Bikini girl in sing off, and than showing that Kara has even more impressive Abs than bikini girl.

I was surprised but not completely shocked that Kris won. I am sure that Adam will have the bigger career.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #334
Recycles dryer sheets

I actually think Allison will have the biggest career of all of them. She has so much talent shown by her duet with Cyndi Lauper the final night.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #335
Give me a forum ...

Guess who's on the next cover of Rolling Stone?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolling Stone Cover.jpg (230.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #336
Give me a forum ...

Cool video someone sent me. Word has it Adam is wowing them on the AI tour.