Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
He's hard to miss. I think he's great but doubt I'm his type
I might have been his type....25 years ago.....

...oh wait, are we talking about something else?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I might have been his type....25 years ago.....

...oh wait, are we talking about something else?
Me thinks so
Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

oh

Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Danny and Adam were amazing. Adam is so much better than the others. And Danny is incredibly talented.
Adam screams the songs too much. If he can sing a ballad without oversinging it I will give him props. Danny Gokey is an artist I could listen to all day...... I love Alexis Grace and Jorge can croon like a young Marc Anthony.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Adam screams the songs too much. If he can sing a ballad without oversinging it I will give him props. Danny Gokey is an artist I could listen to all day...... I love Alexis Grace and Jorge can croon like a young Marc Anthony.......
FD, I liked Jorge very much tonight. I think the judges were wrong about him.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Most season there is some contestant that judges really like, and I don't get, Chris Daughtry (sp) was a good example. By the end of his run, I'll admit I started to appreciate his talent.

This season it is Adam, I thought butchered Satisfaction, I thought he over sung tonight, and I don't get his sex appeal.

I definitely agree with Danny, and Lil Round, reminds of a terrific Motown singer, and Megan is adorable.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I've got Anoop Desai and Michael Sarver in the bottom two.

Who's your bottom 2?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryan View Post
I've got Anoop Desai and Michael Sarver in the bottom two.

Who's your bottom 2?
Definitely Michael Sarver, though I liked Anoop's performance.

My next least favorite performance was that of Allison Iraheta, although I thought she was one of the very top contestants previously so I hope people give her a break. I think the hair in her eyes was distracting to me, her outfit was kind of stupid, and her singing was not up to her usual capabilities.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #49
Give me a forum ...

My bottom two are Jasmine Murray and Michael Sarver. I doubt Jasmine will leave tonight because she is so darn cute.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
My bottom two are Jasmine Murray and Michael Sarver. I doubt Jasmine will leave tonight because she is so darn cute.
I finally figured out who Jasmine looks like, a young Janet Jackson......

I think Anoop and Sarver are in the bottom two, and Sarver goes home. As far as Megan goes, she needs to drop the dance moves until she gets a choreograper to help. Terrible song choice, but she's very pretty and that will keep her around for another week..........

Lil is a Motown diva in waiting. She's kinda like Aretha Franklin meets Tina Turner, and throw a little Patti LaBelle in there........

Gokey gets an album deal no matter what happens. I think Simon was right when he compared him to the Doobie Brothers Michael MacDonald, as a "white guy with soul"..........

Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

I think Anoop and Jorge should go home. Micheal and Megan are also possibilities.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

Anoop for me, and a toss up between Matt and Micheal, with Jasmine leaving soon also.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 AM   #53

Jorge Nunez 25:1
Jasmine Murray 30:1

Megan and Anoop just missed getting the ax. Sarver stays safe in a bit of a surprise, although his performance next week was much-improved.
Htown Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #54

I didn't see those cuts coming ... hard to account for the sympathy vote after the judges cut them to shreds. There's always next week.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #55
Give me a forum ...

If Anoop lasts another week he's this years Sanjaya. He was by far the worst yet he made it while Jasmine, someone who can actually sing, got eliminated.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #56
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
If Anoop lasts another week he's this years Sanjaya. He was by far the worst yet he made it while Jasmine, someone who can actually sing, got eliminated.
I was surprised that Jasmine was eliminated too, but some of her notes were painfully flat. Maybe she is having difficulty hearing the music on this big stage.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
I was surprised that Jasmine was eliminated too, but some of her notes were painfully flat. Maybe she is having difficulty hearing the music on this big stage.
One thing i've learned over the years that Jasmine obviously hasn't is don't sing a Mariah Carey song unless you really nail it because you'll almost always get eliminated.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #58
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
Anoop can sing, Sanjaya couldn't. Hey, at least the psycho Tatiana is gone, I could NOT handle another Whitney Houston song.......

Country Week on Idol
Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Country Week on Idol

OK, this week the contestants will be choosing songs from the Grand Olde Opry. Who do you think will do very well, very poorly or give a surprise performance?

I'm guessing Anoop will struggle and Danny will hit it out of the ballpark. I think the surprise performance will come from Allison - only 16, tagged as a rocker, but I can imagine her doing an awesome job if she picks a song by someone like Patsy Kline. Of course I will continue to root for Adam, but don't think tomorrow night will be his.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #60
Dryer sheet wannabe

Idol stuff

Are you guys serious?? Megan is AWFUL as a singer!! She is very cute but she can NOT sing -- Rockin' Robin was truly awful as a song choice. Adam may look strange but he is truly talented, as is Danny. Those two guys will be in the final, I predict. BTW, I am not Dean, but his DW -- maybe I don't like Megan 'cause I'm not a guy!!??
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote