American Idol

I was also blown away by Adam's performance, and really liked Matt's and Danny's and Anoop's a lot too, and Allison's - - let's face it, I am of the generation that grew up on Motown, and besides that I love this show!! :D

It was great to see Adam "cleaned up". :cool:

How wonderful to see Smoky Robinson again on the show. What a legend he is, and in his own lifetime. :flowers:

I felt that everyone was assuming that since Lil is black, and since she has a BIG voice, that she had an advantage on Motown night. Maybe in a sense it was a disadvantage, because she had that pressure plus the pressure that she spoke of, from the history of it all. Anyway, she did not do well but if I had my choice of who would be voted off, it would not be her - - it would be either Megan or Michael.

Adam and Allison ruled the night.

Micheal was the worst and should be going home. Scott and Megan will likely join him in the bottom 3. Wouldn't mind Scott going instead of Micheal but think Megan should stay a couple more weeks.

Micheal was the worst and should be going home. Scott and Megan will likely join him in the bottom 3. Wouldn't mind Scott going instead of Micheal but think Megan should stay a couple more weeks.

You're right - - I had forgotten about Scott! He was awful last night, too. I think you have identified the bottom three.

I don't get the Megan thing . She really is not that great a singer and her moves are awkward . Sure she is pretty but that's about it . Adam showed his versatility . He was great .I think the bottom three will be Megan , Scott and Michael .

I may have to eat my words about Adam. I thought he was really excellent. As I feared Lil Round didn't have a great performance. Kara said it exactly right she is the Diva, she should be able to blow people away doing Motown.

The judges (and I pretty much agree with them) seem to have it handicapped as Lil Round, Adam, and Danny in the top tier. Scott, Megan, and Michael in the bottom 3 and everybody else in the middle with potential to move up. I think Michael will go this week. There are so few girls in the competition and Megan is so beautiful it will save her for the week.

Let's see how much we agree this week.......:) I am liking the Matt and Kris more each week. They might not win but at least they bring it....... Megan is a mess, NO stage presence and she needs to lose those robotic awkward stage moves. I can only imagine what some good voice coaches and choreographers could do with her, she is a raw talent but seems confused and over her head.

I like Scott, but he has reached the edge of his vocals and can't win. He will be gone this week or next, but will have a future in music. I like Michael Sharver but he's also at the point where he can't win. Hopefully he can also have a career in music......:)

Adam was unexpected. As I said awhile back, if he can do a ballad and not scream it, I'll give him props. And, he hit it out of the park. Smokey Robinson was juimping out of his seat on that one, and Kara got up and cheered for the FIRST time ever......:D

Danny was just "okay" for me. He is in NO danger of going home but the last two weeks have been disappointing for me. Going on after Adam didn't help. However, Danny is a showman and gets folks dancing, and is very likeable. He'll be in the top 3 at the end no matter what........

Allison is coming on strong. I liked it as much as Adam, but in a different rocker way. I can't even imagine how GOOD she will be in 2-3 years with the best talent in Hollywood helping her...........she is a STAR in waiting........:)

I though Paula giving Simon crayons and coloring books was quite funny. However, letting him DRAW on her was stupid. I think there's something going on between them, there's always hand holding and touching and stuff, it's getting old.

I like Paula, but when her contract is up, Kara can take over and slide right into the spot. Kara is direct but VERY helpful. Plus, she won't put with any crap from Simon, she'll just slap him around.....:LOL:

Adam was unexpected. As I said awhile back, if he can do a ballad and not scream it, I'll give him props. And, he hit it out of the park. Smokey Robinson was juimping out of his seat on that one, and Kara got up and cheered for the FIRST time ever......:D

......and he looked fine too!

Attachments

• Adam1.jpg
    Adam1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 56
My bottom three - Michael, Scott and Lil.

My take

Matt: Liked the song, sort of. Hated his preppy outfit.

Chris: boring

Scott: nice but nothing great.

Megan: Even though not such great singing, I still liked her a lot. Great outfit!

Anoop: good singing, but "boring"

Michael: terrible

Lil: Awful

Adam: Didn't like his look but the performance was really good, and unexpected!

Danny: Ok

Allison: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the bottom three will be, IMHO: Lil, Michael, Chris. Michael will go home.

My take

Matt: Liked the song, sort of. Hated his preppy outfit.

Chris: boring

Scott: nice but nothing great.

Megan: Even though not such great singing, I still liked her a lot. Great outfit!

Anoop: good singing, but "boring"

Michael: terrible

Lil: Awful

Adam: Didn't like his look but the performance was really good, and unexpected!

Danny: Ok

Allison: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the bottom three will be, IMHO: Lil, Michael, Chris. Michael will go home.

I agree with you except Adam . I thought he looked like a young Kurt Russel with his hair slicked back and I thought Lil was okay . She is a million times better than Megan who is sliding by on her looks and not her singing ability .

I can't believe Matt was in the bottom 3 and Megan wasn't. No doubt she is very beautiful, but I thought this was about singing and performing - not who could be America's next great model:confused:

I agree, Matt in bottom 3 is a mistake.

I think there is prejudice against Megan because she is a beautiful young woman. I think she can sing well and has style and stage presence. Plus, her personality is fun and quirky and that's something that can attract an audience. But I know I'm prejudiced in favor of her because she's a single mom.

Let's see how much we agree this week.......:)
I like Paula, but when her contract is up, Kara can take over and slide right into the spot. Kara is direct but VERY helpful. Plus, she won't put with any crap from Simon, she'll just slap him around.....:LOL:

Pretty much on everything except two points. I am not that impressed with Allison. Amazing for a 16 year old agreed but I am noted as wow as everybody else. I agree that though the Scott will go soon, he is a serious musician and will likely have a career. Michael is manly man, who can sing which is really rare on this show. So while I am rooting for him, I think Idol is end of the road musical for him.

(I am not reading this thread anymore cause result are 6 hours away in Hawaii)

I couldn't believe that Matt was in the bottom three either. Thank goodness, he wasn't eliminated! Michael was definitely the right choice in this case.

Now we are down from 7 guys, 3 girls to 6 guys, 3 girls. I think that if Megan is chosen to leave next time, the judges will save her for that reason. They need both sexes of contestant to make the show more interesting to all.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe Matt was in the bottom three either. It doesn't pay to sing before everyone else or something?

The only people I feel they might try to save are Adam and Danny. I cannot see Megan being the top notch material where they would use the only save to save her. They probably would have used the save for Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson if they had the save rule then.

I like Megan too. She is channeling singers from the 50's (um... maybe 40's?). I can envision her singing Mambo Italiano or Come on a my house or something like that. BTW, her tatoo and her dress totally matched.

tmm

I think the judges will use their save on Lil, Adam, or Danny. Possibly Allison, or Chris.

My guess is that people tend to vote for the opposite sex, so that will help Megan for another week or two.

I think they would've saved Matt. He's probably 4th most talented of the 9 left.

I would agree with you about Matt. I would have been surprised if he had been booted.

They would save Matt with the "special vote" if it came to that. Judges were not that fired up about him but now they are. He's been paying his dues in that piano bar for quite some time now.......

I'd buy CDs from:

Adam
Danny
Matt
Allison

DW has the following:

Kelly Clarkson: 2 CDs
Carrie Underwood: 2 CDs
David Cook: 1 CD

She's picky in whom she likes..........:LOL::LOL:

I'd buy CDs from:

Adam
Danny
Matt
Allison

These are four of my favorites too. I also really, really enjoy listening to Anoop. I could listen to him all day. I don't think that Anoop should be the winner, but I would like him to survive three or four more rounds.

I have bought exactly ten music CD's in my life, all on the same day in 2002. I have no idea why I haven't bought more. :LOL: I guess you need to have a lot of them in order to have much variety. Maybe that explains it. I listen to music on the radio and TV.

Want2retire,

You remind me of me. I was stuck in the music of the 70's before last years American Idol. I liked the music David Cook sang and ended up going to look for the original sources (Switchfoot, Collective Soul, Bon Jovi, etc.) In most cases I ended up liking what I heard and stumbling on others. I also found a lot of music that David had recorded prior to AI that is really quite good.

You may want to check out myspace. Every musician you can think of seems to have a myspace page. Their pages have full length songs you can listen to (for free!) and it is possible to download some legally. You can set up a player on your own myspace page that plays all of them.

If you make friends with the musicians/bands you like, you get messages when they post new songs. It's fun.

You don't need CD's anymore. You may find an iPod a nice way to make this portable.

I heard they will be choosing songs from the iTunes top 100 next. I'd like to see Adam do "Single Ladies" by Beyonce;) Lady GaGa will be appearing with David Cook for the results show.

Want2retire,

You remind me of me. I was stuck in the music of the 70's before last years American Idol. I liked the music David Cook sang and ended up going to look for the original sources (Switchfoot, Collective Soul, Bon Jovi, etc.) In most cases I ended up liking what I heard and stumbling on others. I also found a lot of music that David had recorded prior to AI that is really quite good.

You may want to check out myspace. Every musician you can think of seems to have a myspace page. Their pages have full length songs you can listen to (for free!) and it is possible to download some legally. You can set up a player on your own myspace page that plays all of them.

If you make friends with the musicians/bands you like, you get messages when they post new songs. It's fun.

You don't need CD's anymore. You may find an iPod a nice way to make this portable.

I should check out myspace, you're right. I am probably the last person in the country to do so! :2funny: I don't have an iPod yet, either, though I plan to get one at some point. There is much for me to explore, that's for sure.

I was a David Archuleta fan last year, but I enjoy David Cook's music as well.

I should check out myspace, you're right. I am probably the last person in the country to do so! :2funny: I don't have an iPod yet, either, though I plan to get one at some point. There is much for me to explore, that's for sure.

I was a David Archuleta fan last year, but I enjoy David Cook's music as well.

W2R,

In about 226 days, you will have plenty of time to check out myspace, get that iPod and explore:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom