Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #141
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Allison was amazing! That is one of my very favorite songs "I can't make you love me if you don't" first recorded by Bonnie Raitt. It's a heart breaking song and Allison made it new. She's a real star! She's going to win this thing!

First runner up was Adam who is a fantastic singer but just not my personal favorite. I really liked that song though. But Simon gave him a standing ovation. Maybe I'm wrong and he's going to win the whole thing?

Matt was really good too. But the rest were so pedestrian by comparison that I think they might as well all go home now.

What do all you AI fans think?
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #142
Moderator Emeritus

Oldbabe, I really liked Allison tonight too! She was my favorite tonight, and I really liked Anoop and Scott (even though the judges didn't like him). They say that Adam is very strongly favored to win, but even though he is really good somehow I don't feel the connection with him.

I don't want to see anybody go, by now. I know Kris can do better. Matt was good. Lil wasn't. Danny is sometimes wonderful but again, tonight wasn't his best performance.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #143
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I think Scott and Kris are in trouble with Anoop probably joining them in the bottom 3. I think it's time for Scott to go.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I think Scott and Kris are in trouble with Anoop probably joining them in the bottom 3. I think it's time for Scott to go.
Probably so. Let's see how right we are tomorrow night.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #145
Give me a forum ...

My bottom two are Lil and Scott.

I like Kris.

tmm
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #146
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
My bottom two are Lil and Scott.

I like Kris.

tmm
I would have no problem with Lil going home. I also like Kris. At least more than Lil and Scott and maybe Anoop.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:11 AM   #147
Give me a forum ...

I really like Lil but she has not lived up to her potential the last few weeks. Danny was very good, my Tivo quit before Adams performance (I assume he was good) and I thought that Anoop and Matt were good enough.

I guess my bottom three were Scott, Kris and Lil, with Scott going home.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 AM   #148
Give me a forum ...

Adam's performance was amazing and, IMO, the best performance of the season so far. Allison was a strong second. I have to keep reminding myself how young she is. I would love to hear her do a Janis Joplin song. I'm having trouble remembering what everyone else did - they paled in comparison to these two.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #149
Moderator Emeritus

The dialidol prediction is Kris, Anoop, and Scott for the bottom three, with Kris going home. I would have thought Lil would be in the predicted bottom three, but no. Although I liked Scott's performance this week, I think that in general Kris is better than Scott. Oh well! Neither will be making the finals anyway, IMO.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #150
Gone but not forgotten

After Adam's performance last night the others may as well go home except for Allison who will probably get the #2 spot . Adam is soo much better than the rest .To me his song represented the pain it is to be slightly different and I actually had chills when he sang .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #151
Dryer sheet aficionado

Adam is amazing! I don't believe there has ever been anybody as original as Adam on American Idol. For Simon to give him a standing ovation, pretty much said it all. He is so far above the other contestants. Allison is good, too; but I believe she will finish behind Adam.
TheSweetLife is offline   Reply With Quote
"Mad World" by Gary Jules
Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #152
Give me a forum ...

"Mad World" by Gary Jules

The version of "Mad World" covered by Adam last night.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 AM   #153

Purron, thanks for posting the youtube video. That song is haunting. So much a part of these times. Listening rather than watching Adam singing it is, for me, a strikingly moving experience. Loved it!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #154
Gone but not forgotten

I know it was time for Scott to go but it was sad . He's really done a great job .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #155
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I know it was time for Scott to go but it was sad . He's really done a great job .
I felt the same way. Scott is a very likable guy and I enjoyed seeing him perform.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #156
Give me a forum ...

Quentin Tarantino...

...will be next week's mentor and the theme will be movie songs. Should be fun
Old 04-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #157
Give me a forum ...

How come folks don't like Danny? He did VERY WELL last night. I still think Adam and Danny will be in the final, with Allison taking third.

If Adam sings like he did on Tuesday in the final, it's over, but Danny goes on to have a record and a nice career. Of course, there's still time for surprise. Last year I was surprised it was as close as it was, I thought David Cook's unique style outshown Archuleta almost every week.

Simon pegged Danny right when he told him some weeks ago: "You're Michael McDonald, you're a white guy with soul"...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #158
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I felt the same way. Scott is a very likable guy and I enjoyed seeing him perform.
I don't understand why the judges were so hard on him last week, I thought it was a very good (but not "top") performance.

He is certainly likable. At his best he is very, very good, but I would say I only recall his "best" a couple times. He's good, but not top three material IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Quentin Tarantino......will be next week's mentor and the theme will be movie songs. Should be fun
He was guest judge or mentor(?) a few seasons back. I was super impressed by his insight and comments. They need to dump Paula, she rarely adds anything useful (I like your shoes, you look so pretty tonight... ). Kara makes it sooooo obvious how lame Paula is, not that you really need any help to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
How come folks don't like Danny? He did VERY WELL last night. I still think Adam and Danny will be in the final, with Allison taking third.
I do a bit of multi-tasking when I watch, and all I can say is that Allison catches my attention and MAKES me stop and watch/listen, and so does Adam. They are both talented and grab your attention. Danny might be a good performer, but I'm pretty much like "Danny? Who's Danny?".

I told DW last night that I would like to see a duet with Allison & Adam - I think their voices and style could really combine, contrast and play off each other. I think they would bring the house down as a team!

All totally subjective, just my opinion.

-ERD50
ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #159
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
He was guest judge or mentor(?) a few seasons back. I was super impressed by his insight and comments. They need to dump Paula, she rarely adds anything useful (I like your shoes, you look so pretty tonight... ). Kara makes it sooooo obvious how lame Paula is, not that you really need any help to see it.
I think Paula's contract is up after this year. If she doesn't want to do it anymore, Kara will slide right in there. She and Simon give the BEST feedback, bar none........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #160
Give me a forum ...

Here are some songs I'd like to see performed on next week's movie theme:

Danny - Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen - Movie: Philadelphia
Such a great song and could get Danny some much needed attention.

Allison - Me and My Bobby McKee - Janis Joplin - Movie: Watchmen
I've felt Allison is channeling Joplin and she could do great with this.

Adam - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen - Movie: Wayne's World
--or-- You Can Leave Your Hat On - Tom Jones - Movie: The Full Monty
Who knows what he'll do? That's one reason so many have become caught up in this season. But these would be fun!