Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #161
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post

I told DW last night that I would like to see a duet with Allison & Adam - I think their voices and style could really combine, contrast and play off each other. I think they would bring the house down as a team!

All totally subjective, just my opinion.

-ERD50

Just seeing that commercial last night where Allison & Adam sang together you could see how great they would be together since they are both quirky .

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #162
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
How come folks don't like Danny? He did VERY WELL last night. I still think Adam and Danny will be in the final, with Allison taking third.
Danny was my favorite early and I thought Allison should've been voted off several weeks ago. However, Danny hasn't been really good for several weeks and Allison has been most improved of all contestants. I'm still hoping Danny makes the final but it'll probably be Allison. Not that it matters much, Adam will win.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #163
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Allison - Me and My Bobby McKee - Janis Joplin - Movie: Watchmen
I've felt Allison is channeling Joplin and she could do great with this.
I had to go look - she has not done a Janis song yet. Maybe she has avoided it because it seems so obvious?

I'd love to hear one - maybe "Piece of my Heart", as much as liked Kellie Pickler, she butchered that one (I guess it was a Faith Hill version?).

-ERD50
Old 04-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #164
Recycles dryer sheets

Anyone else predicting Adam to win? I've only seen a few of the performances but I think he stands out above the rest. IMO, the difference with him is that when he covers songs he doesn't make it sound similar to the original, he makes it sound better than the original.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #165

Quote:
Here are some songs I'd like to see performed on next week's movie theme:

Allison - Me and My Bobby McKee - Janis Joplin - Movie: Watchmen
I've felt Allison is channeling Joplin and she could do great with this.
I really hope that Allison doesn't try to do a Janis Joplin song. Her voice is already very similar. I think she might end up looking like a bad copy. The way Lil ended up being a poor imitation of Tina Turner doing "What's Love Got to Do With it?" Not that Allison couldn't sing that song well. She could. But she would be in real danger there. As the judges alway say, there are some songs that you just shouldn't mess with because they are so identified with the singer who made them famous.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #166

I want Adam to do Steven Tyler (Aerosmith).
Old 04-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
I hope you are talking about singing.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #168

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99

Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #169
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown Harry View Post
This is too funny
Old 04-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #170
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
I really hope that Allison doesn't try to do a Janis Joplin song. Her voice is already very similar. I think she might end up looking like a bad copy. The way Lil ended up being a poor imitation of Tina Turner doing "What's Love Got to Do With it?" Not that Allison couldn't sing that song well. She could. But she would be in real danger there. As the judges alway say, there are some songs that you just shouldn't mess with because they are so identified with the singer who made them famous.
You've got a point - that may be why she has not done any Joplin yet.

-ERD50
Old 04-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #171
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
Very good point. The mistake Lil made was trying to imitate Tina down to dressing and walking like her. I'd still like to see Allison tackle a Janis song. She would have to change it up and give a performance with her own unique style.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #172
Give me a forum ...

I am really looking forward to Idol tomorrow night. Movie songs and Quentin Tarantino - could be a lot of fun! Being an Adam fan, I can't wait to see what he will perform. Allison has really won me over and I hope she does well. Danny needs to do something special to get back in the race - I think he has it in him. At this point, I'm hoping for an Adam-Allison-Danny final three, but anything can happen.

The rest of the pack have all had special moments but have been uneven. I think Lil might be in trouble after this week. What happened to the Lil I loved at the start of the season?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #173
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
What happened to the Lil I loved at the start of the season?
This is what I find interesting about AI. Some people come on with so much talent, but they don't seem to be able to move it forward (and seem to even go backward) as the show progresses.

I forget her last name, little 17 YO girl, Paris something (barnett, barret?), her Aunt was an R&B Studio singer or something? She talked like a little pip-squeek mouse, but wow could she sing! Yet, she really didn't seem to progress week after week. Odd.

-ERD50
Old 04-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #174
Administrator

OK, I must be a fan because I really liked Anoop tonight (again). I know he isn't that popular with most people!

Adam is proficient but he just doesn't make that emotional connection like Anoop does, for me anyway.

It is time for Lil to go, IMO.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #175
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
OK, I must be a fan because I really liked Anoop tonight (again). I know he isn't that popular with most people!
I thought Anoop was great tonight too. it was an excellent song choice for him.

It's getting really tough to predict who's going to be in the bottom 3.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #176

votefortheworst.com is picking Lil.

I hope she goes, after watching the show....
Old 04-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #177

BTW, I thought Anoop was great tonight, as some said.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #178
Give me a forum ...

I thought this was one of the best idol weeks this season. I thought Matt was pretty weak, and Alison did do not much for me. I thought both Chris and Anoop were surprisingly good. I thought both Danny and Lil showed why they are great singers. Although, I understand the complaints about Lil, a great vocalist but not a great artist.

I must say I am completely eating my words about Adam. The guy has amazing creativity and his charisma level is up there with major league rock star. I suspect he will win and even if doesn't I am sure he will have a career in music.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #179
Give me a forum ...

I thought they were all good but Adam is the most versatile . The others pretty much stick to the same type songs week after week . My guess for the bottom three would be Lil , Matt Danny .
Old 04-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #180
Give me a forum ...

Here's my take:

Great - Adam and Kris
Good - Allison and Danny
Bottom Three - Lil, Matt and Anoop

I liked Anoop's performance, but he didn't stand out like he did with "True Colors" last week. Even so, he should be safe. Matt and Lil were almost painful to watch and one of them should go home.