American Idol

She could have a very successful career doing soundtracks with that beautiful voice. The reality is, show business likes young, beautiful people in front of the camera. I find her very charming and hope she does well.

Here's an interview from yesterday with the Idol group. I found it interesting they all pointed to Adam as the guy they go to for support and encouragement -about 4:00 on the clip.

YouTube - American Idol Extra s8

Lil's going home without question. I also hope Anoop will be going home. Matt got not so good feedback from the judges but I thought it was pretty good although he will be in trouble. Kris was great and I hope he's safe. I think he's gone past Danny for me after several good weeks for Kris and several mediocre weeks for Danny. Adam is still at least 90% to win. Allison was right in the middle, not great but should be safe. Anoop will probably join Lil and Matt in bottom 3. I hope it's Lil and Anoop leaving but Matt will probably go instead of Anoop.

I was kind of disappointed . I thought Adam would do a real disco fever with all the moves . His performance was good. I agree with you that it will be Lil , Anoop, and Matt in the bottom .

IMHO, best tonight - Kris and Adam. Worst - Lil, Anoop, and as much as it pains me to say this - Allison.

My botton two - Lil (I can never seem to not fast foward when she is singing.) and Anoop. I hope Matt stays - he is basically the only person who brought back the disco for me and he did so much better that last week. I want him to redeem himself this week after the last week's save.

My favorite - Kris. I would like Adam more if he didn't make so much inhaling noise and if he didn't tighten his throat so much (I am surprised nobody has mentioned it.)

Donny doesn't do much for me. He sounds like Joe Cocker or Huey Lewis and all songs he sings are one and the same sounding to me. Same with Allison.

I used to like Anoop, but he is starting to sound to me like Scott all over again.

I actually look forward to performances by Kris, Adam and (surprise!) Matt.

Cool no one has posted the results yet.
I was glad it really didn't sound like disco week.
Adam was terrific I really look forward to his performance each week and will be shocked if he doesn't win it all, barring a meltdown.
Danny and Chris were also good.

Bottom for me was Lil, Anoop and a toss up between Mat and Allison. Lil is certainly going home, and I hope Matt, since he is awfully forgettable.

She could have a very successful career doing soundtracks with that beautiful voice. The reality is, show business likes young, beautiful people in front of the camera. I find her very charming and hope she does well.

I'm sure she can get a part playing in musical theaters probably not as the lead but definitely playing an older role. Revision: After hearing her Cry Me a River, I'd say she can have a very successful career singing in her own concerts. She just won't have a ton of fans whose idea of music idols consist mainly of shaggability.

BTW, I'm catching up BGT and AI on youtube. I have never watched either show on TV. Boy, did I miss some hilarious stuff between Simon and the host. The judges and and the host make a show in themselves.

Next week's theme - songs of the "Rat Pack"

I'm looking forward to this:) I'd love to hear Adam do "My Way".

I'm looking forward to this:) I'd love to hear Adam do "My Way".

OK, I may be showing my age but I think this is going to be absolutely great. I think all of these contestants could be particularly good with this style of song.

OK, I may be showing my age but I think this is going to be absolutely great. I think all of these contestants could be particularly good with this style of song.

That makes two of us! I love the "rat pack", particularly Sinatra. Do you remember when Clay Aikens did "Mac the Knife"? If not, youtube it - one of his best performances.

BTW, I couldn't help but notice that after today it will be less than 200 days for you. That's gotta feel great!!! :D:dance:

That makes two of us! I love the "rat pack", particularly Sinatra. Do you remember when Clay Aikens did "Mac the Knife"? If not, youtube it - one of his best performances.

Yes, I do remember it and he knocked my socks off! :LOL:

BTW, I couldn't help but notice that after today it will be less than 200 days for you. That's gotta feel great!!! :D:dance:

Thanks for noticing! I am going to be so thrilled to see my number go under 200 tomorrow morning. :D

My vote for the bottom tomorrow are Matt , Danny & ? .

Whether you like him or not, Danny isn't going anywhere......:) Kris and Matt didn't do much tonight, and Allison was ok. Danny and Adam BROUGHT IT.......;)

I'm with Moemg on this. Matt and Danny to go! But we may be surprised.We'll see. :confused:

For the first time i think Gokey did a better job than Adam. Hoping porkpie hat boy goes tomorrow - have a weakness for Allison even if Simon is trying to kiss her off.

Whether you like him or not, Danny isn't going anywhere......:) Kris and Matt didn't do much tonight, and Allison was ok. Danny and Adam BROUGHT IT.......;)

My brother FD got it right dog. Allthough I thought Kris was ok and Alison wasn't. I think she or Mat go home.

I think Chris has the looks and voice to win most years, and Danny proved he had the showmanship tonight.

However, against Adam this is really a battle for second place. Right now the betting website have Adam at -350 odds, which means you have risk $350 to win $100.

Adam and Danny are obviously the top 2 IMHO. Any of the others could be leaving. I hope it's either Matt or Allison leaving with my first choice being Matt.

I loved listening to each one of them! :D The only thing I don't like about the show at this stage is the fact that the eliminations have to continue. I'd like to listen to these five every Tuesday and Wednesday night for the rest of the year (plus Anoop, of course! :LOL: I am a fan and would have loved to hear Anoop doing Rat Pack crooning).

Adam and Danny were great, and will probably escape the bottom three. But Kris really knocked my socks off this time! Mercy, mercy! I enjoyed his singing the most last night. Allison was OK considering that the Rat Pack songs were sung mostly by men of her grandparents' generation.

Something that I didn't like is that so many of them sang with a huskier voice than usual to get the soulful spirit of those songs across to the audience, and people like Sinatra and Martin just didn't have to do that. Their voices were clear as a bell.

I am guessing that Matt will be the next to go, even though I liked his cool hat and even though Simon thought he was fantastic last night. But then again, Simon is usually right about these things... So, maybe Kris? He hasn't been as consistent as some of the others.

Last edited:
When I saw Adam in that white suit at the top of the stairs, I knew we were in for quite a performance! Anyone else notice the diamond earings? Danny sang great and commanded the stage. I think the standards suit Danny's voice very well and he looked so handsome.

I have a hard time picking a bottom two since I loved all their performances and am crazy about songs from this era. My guess is Matt and Allison are in danger at this point. This was not the best performance out of Kris, but he has a devoted fan base so I expect him to be safe.

Wow , that was a close call . I thought Adam was toast . I'm glad it was Matt . Good singer but ditch the hat .

Wow. What a surprise eh? Adam and Kris in Bottom 3?

I didn't like Kris' performance at all this week (he went too far from his core.. was way too sappy and ordinary), and wasn't excited about Adam either.

Good thing there was Matt to get rid of, although I actually enjoyed his performance (but his performance was a bit shaky in some parts, and everyone else's singing was near perfect.)

I would have said my bottom 2 were Kris and Allison and my most favorite was Donny, for sure this week.

I never thought Adam would get sooo close to leaving.

So far the only one who has not been in the bottom three is Danny and while I think he's good he is not better than the rest of them IMO.

At this point, everyone is as good as everyone else, so anything could happen now. This isn't like the previous seasons is the way it looks to me now.

Back
Top Bottom