Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #221
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

When I saw Adam in that white suit at the top of the stairs, I knew we were in for quite a performance! Anyone else notice the diamond earings? Danny sang great and commanded the stage. I think the standards suit Danny's voice very well and he looked so handsome.

I have a hard time picking a bottom two since I loved all their performances and am crazy about songs from this era. My guess is Matt and Allison are in danger at this point. This was not the best performance out of Kris, but he has a devoted fan base so I expect him to be safe.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #222
Gone but not forgotten

Wow , that was a close call . I thought Adam was toast . I'm glad it was Matt . Good singer but ditch the hat .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #223
Give me a forum ...

Wow. What a surprise eh? Adam and Kris in Bottom 3?

I didn't like Kris' performance at all this week (he went too far from his core.. was way too sappy and ordinary), and wasn't excited about Adam either.

Good thing there was Matt to get rid of, although I actually enjoyed his performance (but his performance was a bit shaky in some parts, and everyone else's singing was near perfect.)

I would have said my bottom 2 were Kris and Allison and my most favorite was Donny, for sure this week.

I never thought Adam would get sooo close to leaving.
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #224
Gone but not forgotten

So far the only one who has not been in the bottom three is Danny and while I think he's good he is not better than the rest of them IMO.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #225
Give me a forum ...

At this point, everyone is as good as everyone else, so anything could happen now. This isn't like the previous seasons is the way it looks to me now.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 AM   #226
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
I never thought Adam would get sooo close to leaving.
I sometimes get the feeling that its all rigged for dramatic effect and the phone in votes are meaningless.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #227
Give me a forum ...

I was a little surprised that Adam was in the bottom. However, at this point, its like splitting hairs. This year's group truly is the strongest AI has ever had. Next week is rock week so look for a strong week for Allison and Adam, the resident rockers.

Its hard to figure out what the average voter thinks on AI. Allison is getting a nice bump because she's the only girl left. The other contestants are pretty different from each other.

Maybe there's some question as to marketability in regards to Adam. He's got the look and the pipes, but do we really need another Aerosmith lead singer type? I think the average fan would rather listen to a singer like Danny then Adam. if Adam has a career like Daughtry he will be happy.

I did find it funny a few weeks ago when Paula said to Adam: "I can't believe you haven't been discovered yet".... Hello, Paula. Adam's been doing musical theater professionally for a number of years. I would say he was "found" a long time ago.............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #228
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Adam is an amazing performer, but I think he is a little over the top for the average AI viewer. So I'm not surprised that he was in the bottom two this time. Danny is more mainstream and would, I think, naturally garner more votes.

And I am DELIGHTED that Allison is still in the running. She's my fave!
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #229
Give me a forum ...

Well, here we go - the final 4 doing rock week with Slash as the mentor. Also, the group will be doing duets. Who do you think will do the best? How would you like to see them paired up?

My predictions are:

From best to worst....Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny
Pair Adam and Allison for a up tempo rockin' the house song
Pair Kris and Danny for a more soulful, emotional song
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #230
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Well, here we go - the final 4 doing rock week with Slash as the mentor. Also, the group will be doing duets. Who do you think will do the best? How would you like to see them paired up?

My predictions are:

From best to worst....Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny
Pair Adam and Allison for a up tempo rockin' the house song
Pair Kris and Danny for a more soulful, emotional song
I will stick with the same thoughts I have every week..........Danny is moving on to the top 3 after this week..........he is the ONLY contestant who has NEVER been in the Bottom Three........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #231
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I will stick with the same thoughts I have every week..........Danny is moving on to the top 3 after this week..........he is the ONLY contestant who has NEVER been in the Bottom Three........
I know...rub it in about Danny never seeing the bottom group But how about the duets? As a Danny fan, who would you like to see him sing with?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #232
Give me a forum ...

I think the final will be between Adam and Danny with Adam winning it all.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #233
Moderator Emeritus

I think Purron has it right... best to worst might be Adam, Allison, Kris, Danny. But I like them all!! I'd really like to see a four way tie.

Like Simon would let that happen.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #234
Moderator Emeritus

OK, after seeing the show, my prediction is..... bye-bye Kris!!

I thought he was fabulous, though. The competition is really tough this year.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #235

I will not be surprised if Adam is in the bottom again this week. He's so over the top that I think some of the audience will vote against him. That said I really think that he deserves to be in the final and I hope I'm wrong.

I hope that they pair them up this way. Kris and Adam, Danny and Allison. This should be interesting.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #236
Give me a forum ...

I agree bye, bye Kris. I didn't like Danny either though. Allison was better than the judges gave credit for IMHO. Adam was best as usual.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #237

Simon said Kris's performance was like eating ice! What a strange thing to say. But I agree that it was forgettable.

Also, Allison performing a janis song resulted in exactly what I feared would happen. Simon said she had done an imitation. I agree. Why didn't someone stop her?

I thought Danny was awful. Hideous actually. He sounded like he had the swine flu. And why was he wearing that dated pinstriped vest along with the oxford shirt?

Adam. I just don't like him much. Oh well. But I guess he's the winner.

Hope all you guys enjoyed Paula's cleavage tonight.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #238
Give me a forum ...

Danny is currently being picked on votefortheworst.com.
Adam may not be safe only because there seems to be a photo of him kissing some dude (not a very nice photo) out on the internet.

I am on the west coast, so I haven't watched AI yet, but I am curious to see what Kris's performance is like (eating ice?).
Old 05-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #239
Give me a forum ...

Aww, come on guys! Adam rocked Led Zep and I thought he and Allison were great together. OK, I'll admit it. I've loved Adam from the get go so maybe I just see the best in what he does. I agree with the judges that Allison and Adam should do more duets after Idol is over. They just clicked and looked great up on that stage together.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #240
Give me a forum ...

Purron,

I like Adam to a certain degree (he can sings high notes like Steven Tyler), but he makes a lot of noise when he inhales when he sings, and that so bothers me. I would think a good singer like him should have learned to inhale silently, so I just can't get over that.