An Early ER Today...

Goonie

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
As "acting" boss this week, I went to the main office to pick up the mail and just generally nip-sh*t with everybody. I bumped into a fellow employee, from a different department, and he said his boss walked in this morning, tossed his keys onto the desk, and asked for a ride home (he was leaving his 'company' truck there).

He (like myself) had accepted an early retirement incentive, and had planned to bail out just a couple days before me, the first week of April. However, he decided he'd had enough BS, and cashed in his vacation and comp-time banks, and did an EARLY ER today!!!

With my banked time, I could bail on the 30th of this month.....however, I'm holding on 'til my planned date, and turning ALL my banked time in for lump-sum $$$$. But it IS nice to know that an Early ER is possible!!!

Way to go, Bigfoot!! And best wishes!! :D

When I was on the ER launchpad, some things at work became much easier to bear, yet some of the BS became even more annoying. Having one foot out the door made it much easier to laugh at all the intense effort everyone was devoting to things we all knew would be totally forgotten within 30 days. OTOH, when there were unpleasant things that I really DID have to do, the nearby liberty of ER seemed to intensify the pain.

Hang in there, Goonie, and let Bigfoot be an inspiration to you.

Back
Top Bottom