Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #41

That blows, fed. Sorry to hear it will take so long.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed
still dragging along. court system is sooooo slow. looks like we should have a final divorce trial (no negotiating looks possible due to her atty) by dec 6 2012. un.be.lieveable.
Wow, a full year? A friend of mine got divorced in just over a month. But then again, we live in Las Vegas, quick marriages and divorces are a lot more common here.

Sorry to hear that will drag out so long.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #43

Sorry you're having to go through this, Fed. Best wishes to you.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

still dragging on...gonna be DEC before it's wrapped up...18 months for a 2 yr marriage! It's craaazy. Luckily she has a nimrod for an atty and he is so far behind the eighball it looks like SHE may be owing me money in the end!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #45

14 months...NOT ONE issue resolved. Kids are suffering, I've sunk 50k into the deal...NOTHING

what a joke marriage is...imho
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
what a joke marriage is...imho
Sorry to hear about your problems Fed, I hope they work out and your kids are ok in the end.

Today is our 27th wedding anniversary and we've never taken our marriage as a joke.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #47
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream View Post
Today is our 27th wedding anniversary and we've never taken our marriage as a joke.
This is kind of like telling someone that is in a wheel chair from an drunk driver how good a driver you are.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
This is kind of like telling someone that is in a wheel chair from an drunk driver how good a driver you are.
Not sure I quite understand how that analogy relates. Or maybe you're saying I was wrong to say I don't think marriage is a joke.......in this context?

Guess I missed that class.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #49

Quote:
14 months...NOT ONE issue resolved. Kids are suffering, I've sunk 50k into the deal...NOTHING

what a joke MY marriage is...imho
Let me fix that for you

Also, hope situation gets better.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Let me fix that for you
+1
Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #51
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sorry for your pain, Fed, and I can certainly see how the institution of marriage would seem like a joke to you right now. I hope things get better.

Amethyst
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Let me fix that for you
Thanks DFW, make more sense now.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #53

No, I didn't mean MY marriage. I meant marriage as an institution...as a legal definition which prohibits me from expeditiously protecting my children from emotional harm and distress...a title that is too easy to attain, and too difficult to eliminate. We all make mistakes...marrying her was one of them. Thank goodness the true colors are showing now though - 27 years down the road I can't imagine how things would be!

That said, the concept of marriage is now more easily understood and accepted by TheFed....I had to do it for all the wrong reasons to understand the only reason one should do it!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #54

Quote:
No, I didn't mean MY marriage. I meant marriage as an institution...as a legal definition which prohibits me from expeditiously protecting my children from emotional harm and distress...a title that is too easy to attain, and too difficult to eliminate. We all make mistakes...marrying her was one of them. Thank goodness the true colors are showing now though - 27 years down the road I can't imagine how things would be!

That said, the concept of marriage is now more easily understood and accepted by TheFed....I had to do it for all the wrong reasons to understand the only reason one should do it!
I can see your viewpoint in terms of the legal definition and the difficulties that can come from untangling a bad relationship, especially when children are being harmed. That said, I believe there are quite a few happily married couples on here who don't necessarily look at their marriages purely from a legal definition standpoint, and when you seemed to sterotype all marraiges based on your own one that encountered problems, that can rub folks the wrong way. Almost akin to insulting ones religion. In any event, I can see your situation has caused you trememdous personal angst, and I truly hope it gets better for you and the kids.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #55

10 days left....