And Now You Know The Rest of the Story

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Alas, one of my favorite people has passed. I've listened to him since the mid-50s. He was branded a conservative and he mostly was, but he took on both sides. He was so optimistic it was hard to get a gloomy forecast from him.

"Hello Americans!" Paul Harvey...Good Night! - Raw Fisher
A couple of quotes:

"If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?

In times like these, it's helpful to remember there have always been times like these.

There's never been a monument erected to a pessimist.

Golf is a game whereby you yell fore, shoot six and write down five"

Good Day!

As a young adult, I listened to his program on one of the classical music stations broadcasting out of NYC. My friends thought I was nuts for listening to him (gag - "old people stuff"). He spun a very good verbal yarn. I truly enjoyed his monologues.

Listened to Paul Harvey a lot when I lived in Michigan. Found out later he was from Grand Rapids. Great radio voice.

He truly was a one of a kind story teller. Always enjoyed listening to him. I understand he would get up at 3:30 everyday to get his information for his programs.

Aw dang. Only caught him a couple times a year now, but just heard one of his stories recently, talking about the author of "Dogs of War" and how closely the authors life mirrored the story. Will be missed.

American Forces Korea Network used to play his show. I enjoyed it in High School.

This is one guy that I'm glad never retired. He was having too much fun, you could tell by his voice how much he enjoyed what he was doing.

I hope I got the spacing right:

And Now ........................... PAGE 2 !

I enjoyed him, myself. Great delivery!

He did have a problem getting the facts right from time to time, though. Didn't spoil the stories, though.

Back
Top Bottom