And you thought YOU were bored?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Through the first 45 days of the year, I completed 46 duct cleaning jobs...increasing revenue by almost 45% over last year.

In the last 21 days, I've only done 2 jobs!!! I went from what was shaping up to be a VERY lucrative year to very negative cashflow in a matter of 3 weeks....and im bored

so there! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Might be one of the things business and people cut back on in a recession. Out of sight out of mind kind of things like duct work cleaning.

Through the first 45 days of the year, I completed 46 duct cleaning jobs...increasing revenue by almost 45% over last year.

In the last 21 days, I've only done 2 jobs!!! I went from what was shaping up to be a VERY lucrative year to very negative cashflow in a matter of 3 weeks....and im bored

so there! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know you've posted on the forum with questions about your business in the past....but have you already looked at other ancillary services you might be able to upsell to your current/prospective clients? I know I've seen some of those coupon mailers advertise services for both duct cleaning and carpet cleaning by the same company...

Or perhaps even get to know your equipment/supplies well enough to service/sell to your competitors. ;)

Those are great ideas. I actually have built my business on the 'all inclusive,no sales tactics" platform...so i cant really be up-selling these customers....many of them tell me that the fact that we promise no up-selling is why they chose us

However,I do own a landscaping company....we started that last year and did really well. in about 2 months i will be too busy to complain about anything....but until then.....uggghhh

at least i got to spin around on my crapsman tractor today and plow 3 times as 15+ inches of snow fell in my driveway

Those are great ideas. I actually have built my business on the 'all inclusive,no sales tactics" platform...so i cant really be up-selling these customers....many of them tell me that the fact that we promise no up-selling is why they chose us

However,I do own a landscaping company....we started that last year and did really well. in about 2 months i will be too busy to complain about anything....but until then.....uggghhh

at least i got to spin around on my crapsman tractor today and plow 3 times as 15+ inches of snow fell in my driveway

And have you looked into the financial possibility of plowing driveways with a truck/plow? :) Or do you not get many heavy snowfalls in your neck of the woods? With a landscaping/snow shoveling (possibly grass cutting) package, you could try going after corporate accounts...

And have you looked into the financial possibility of plowing driveways with a truck/plow? :) Or do you not get many heavy snowfalls in your neck of the woods? With a landscaping/snow shoveling (possibly grass cutting) package, you could try going after corporate accounts...

this is the first winter where it seems to be a good business to be in...since about 2002...usually we get about 5 plowable snowfalls yearly...and unless you have commercial accts, it's not worth it. with that being said, a good friend's dad owns a plowing business...commercial accts only, and he grosses $80k/season in contracts!!! wow

the last 3 days though could've been great...every residential wouldve needed 2-3 plows at at least $20 a piece...and i i know i could sign up about 25 of our lawn customers...sooo....maybe $1200-$1800 in the last 3 days

cost of 4x4 truck vs. 2wd we have, plow, wear n tear, add'l insurance etc etc just doesnt seem worth it

Back
Top Bottom