Andy Rooney dies............

His final commentary was about how fortunate he was during his career.

I watched him a few times over the decades but he was always much to whiny for me to enjoy. He was an icon and many people will miss him. It seems he was a very lucky man to have lived such a happy life.

I kinda wonder if he retired because he knew more about his health that he cared to make public.

There will never be another like him.

I watched him a few times over the decades but he was always much to whiny for me to enjoy. He was an icon and many people will miss him. It seems he was a very lucky man to have lived such a happy life.

I enjoyed his observations about life, not so much his social commentary.

I've recorded '60 minutes' every week for years. Even if I didn't like the topics being discussed that paticular week i'd fast forward to the last few minutes which were always worth watching.

Sheesh, that sounds just like something AR would say. Maybe you're "channeling" his spirit :LOL:

I wonder if the mortician will trim his eyebrows?

"Success if doing what you really love and doing it well." Warren Buffet

I'd say Andy was a huge success and had a happy life. Bon Voyage, Andy!
You really were the best!:flowers:

I wonder if the mortician will trim his eyebrows?

That might require a hedge trimmer; makes me wonder if he was using miracle grow on them.

Nevertheless, I always enjoyed his commentaries, even though he was quite the curmudgeon.

I was an occasional watcher of 60 minutes and enjoyed his commentary. I didn't always agree with his views, but I did more often than not and I enjoyed his attitude.

I always enjoyed his 60 minutes commentaries. He was unique. RIP Andy!

Always enjoyed Andy. I heard that he died from complications "related" to surgery. No details but the way it was announced it sounded like something different than "complications following surgery". Don't know what that meant but it was stated strangly.

I enjoyed his commentaries for the first 20 or so years. I actually skipped over them the last decade or so. However, Andy is certainly the poster boy for why FI doesn't mean RE. Truly a fortunate man to love his work so much.

It is sad for me to see members of that generation go, because I think we need to listen to their stories. Many were close to those who thrived in the 1800's. They survived two world wars, the great depression, and the myriad changes that have taken place in American culture.

His on-stage office reminded me of my grandfather's messy bookcases where all sorts of interesting objects were tucked here and there. I enjoyed Andy's ability to point out and express everyday annoyances that we all experience, but many times are unable to express - usually with a dose of humor.

Having been a NY Giants season ticket holder, Rooney missed one heck of a comeback win today by Big Blue

It struck me that what he did is exactly what many of us do on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom