Angel Fire NM - ski condos

twolane

Confused about dryer sheets
We are looking into buying a condo near a ski resort in the western US - Angel Fire looks affordable - any opines on Angel Fire out there?

Twolane

Never made it to Angelfire while we were out there (don't deal with that altitude that well), but the area is very nice. Sure seems to be plenty of land to build on, thoough, which would tend to limit appreciation.

Wow... Angel Fire...

I only went skiing twice in my life... (well, two vacations with a few times each)... way back when... I remember Angel Fire.. it was a nice place, but if I remember correctly, not much around there. Unless you are a ski bum I would not see the benefit of a condo there.

Angel Fire is okay. I stayed there a couple of times in rented condos over a weekend or so. It's not far from Taos, but it's pretty remote. And you have to drive through the valley to get to Taos which can be a bit treacherous in the winter. It's only about 10 hours from DFW which made it more convenient for me than some other ski drives.

I don't recall much about the slopes...they're probably fine. I do recall the base area requires a lot of walking and step-climbing to get around compared to other ski areas I've been. IIRC I think it is mostly green slopes with a fair bit of blue and just a bit of black slopes.

Wolf Creek, CO was my favorite ski slopes. Not well known and lots of blue slopes.

Back
Top Bottom