Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #261
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Cat lovers....enjoy!

Cat-astrophic rides: Travels with cats - The Globe and Mail

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #262
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Tuna la Quinta. Last cat that is really ours and the only one with us here. She underwent tutelage from our grandma kitty, had a long apprenticeship, and has a number of learned endearing traits as well as some that are of her own devise. Kind of a big chicken but a very loving cat. Not big boned, just very well fed - she does a great sea otter imitation when laying on her back..
Tuna is adorable!!!

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #263

Yeah, I like that Tuna kitty! And we have a pair of semi-feral kitties named Jinx (tabby) and Minx (black/white) and we call the black/white one Tuna instead because she is shaped exactly like one! Definitely a full figured gal! My Pancake is sitting in my lap as I type, but she is not pancake shaped, but rather was found outside the IHOP in freezing weather by my boss.

I had a rabbit as a child but that chinchilla looks so cute! One day, one day...

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #264
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Not big boned, just very well fed - she does a great sea otter imitation when laying on her back..
"I'm not fat, I'm fluffy."

Old 03-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #265
Full time employment: Posting here.

LOL on the sea otter imitation! We had a fat cat who was a torti (brown) and we always said she was doing her dead groundhog pose. That's her below. She was a sweet thing, but had that torti attitude. We lost her 2 years ago and I still miss her.

As far as naming - we once had a neighbor who worked at Walmart, and she was always bringing home stray cats. She had Wally, Marty, and Sam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0336.JPG (303.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
I'm a kitty cat lover at heart but have developed a deep appreciation for Chinchillas through my volunteer work at our local animal shelter. We often get them in. Sadly, like ferrets, bunnies and guinea pigs, these wonderful animals are often adopted for the wrong reasons and are often misunderstood. Many end up at our shelter and we work very hard to re-home them. Chinchillas are such amazing critters - softest fur ever and those amazing little hands/paws
Chinchillas really are great pets as they are relatively low maintenance but they are a huge commitment due to their lifespan which can be as much as 18-22 years. I post 30 earlier but was indeed mistaken.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #267
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
As far as naming - we once had a neighbor who worked at Walmart, and she was always bringing home stray cats. She had Wally, Marty, and Sam.
When I was in College we named our new kitten "FART" --- so that when it reached maturity & then some, we could call it "The Old Fart"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
Love Love Love this! thanks for sharing!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #268

Yesterday we said goodbye, after 16 good years, to our first dog Grace. She had a wonderful life, growing up at the beach, sharing every milestone with us, and finally retiring to the sunshine of the country. She will be missed.
Little did we know when we brought home that little border collie puppy the year after we got married, what the incredible impact she would have on our lives.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grace.jpg (156.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Grace1.jpg (123.8 KB, 3 views)

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #269
Recycles dryer sheets

I am sorry for your loss...we have two pups currently, both healthy. But I am already dreading the sorrow of losing them.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #270
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Yesterday we said goodbye, after 16 good years, to our first dog Grace. She had a wonderful life, growing up at the beach, sharing every milestone with us, and finally retiring to the sunshine of the country. She will be missed.
Little did we know when we brought home that little border collie puppy the year after we got married, what the incredible impact she would have on our lives.
I'm so sorry Sarah. RIP dear Grace.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #271

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about Grace. She was a beautiful dog.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #272

What a lovely looking dog Sarah. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost her.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #273
Give me a forum ...

Two dogs dining in a busy restaurant.........

Old 03-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
Hysterical! I am so totally stealing this.

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #275
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Two paws up, Dawg!

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #276

So, with my last day of work coming up on Tuesday, I thought it was time to get a new friend. Meet Cosmo! He's a 3-year old, originally rescued from the streets of Baltimore (thus the tipped ear). He was adopted out by a rescue group 2 years ago, and recently returned due to "domestic problems". He's a big ole' sweetie! He come home with us yesterday, and is confined to my study. Murphy (in my profile pic) hisses at him through the glass-paneled door, and Cosmo just looks back at her.

We've lost 2 cats in the past 2 years, and the remaining cats are 14 & 16. I thought it was time for a new generation...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2165.jpg (372.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #277

Quote:
So, with my last day of work coming up on Tuesday, I thought it was time to get a new friend. Meet Cosmo! He's a 3-year old, originally rescued from the streets of Baltimore (thus the tipped ear). He was adopted out by a rescue group 2 years ago, and recently returned due to "domestic problems". He's a big ole' sweetie! He come home with us yesterday, and is confined to my study. Murphy (in my profile pic) hisses at him through the glass-paneled door, and Cosmo just looks back at her.

We've lost 2 cats in the past 2 years, and the remaining cats are 14 & 16. I thought it was time for a new generation...
He's beautiful cj and I'm glad that this former street kitty can now count on a good permanent home. Makes me feel happy!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #278
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Thanks for adopting an adult rescue kitty! We share our lives with four kitties - all rescues. One is a big buff tabby boy similiar to your Cosmo.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #279

Ah, a new kitty now that's the way to welcome in retirement!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #280

Yes, Purron, all of our cats are from shelters, too. Wouldn't have it any other way.