Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #1101
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The pup's cute, but the Border collie is GREAT!

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #1102
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental Retiree View Post
But where are the other 2?
Here they are. The two on the left. The cocker spends weekdays at DW's mothers (she calls it her dog) but she is with us on the weekends and vacations for "PAC" time..............

The GSD is Shiloh and she is 11. Slowing down a little but still up for long walks and chasing Frisbee.

The springer is Kelsey, we had to put her down last year. She was a sweetheart and full of E's......

[/URL][/IMG]

Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #1103

Thanks for posting the rest of your family. Shiloh is gorgeous! We used to dog sit a springer for a friend; her name was Mandy, and she was always so welcome here with all our beagles. Quite the lady, was Mandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pine View Post
Here they are. The two on the left. The cocker spends weekdays at DW's mothers (she calls it her dog) but she is with us on the weekends and vacations for "PAC" time..............

The GSD is Shiloh and she is 11. Slowing down a little but still up for long walks and chasing Frisbee.

The springer is Kelsey, we had to put her down last year. She was a sweetheart and full of E's......

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #1104
Recycles dryer sheets

037.jpg

Midas will stand there and let Mocha 'flea' him. His fur will dry sticking at all sorts of crazy angles. I shot this through the glass of the back door. I had set up a game camera on the back deck, hoping for some good pictures, but they didn't pose very well for it.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #1105

Speaking of game cameras, I took part in a project our local nature foundation did with the Smithsonian Institute this spring. It's called eMammal. We got some great shots of bears, bobcats, coyotes, wild turkeys, and other wildlife. I put together a web page describing the project, pointing to the Smithsonian's web site and facebook page for it, and showing the best pictures and sequences from the cameras our six volunteers put out on our mountain. One of my cameras caught a sequence of two bears mating right in front on the camera.

eMammal Wildlife Camera Tracking
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #1106

Here's a picture from a couple of weeks ago of our foster puppy, Sparky. He was adopted on Tuesday by a wonderful couple that already have another sheltie. Sparky is deaf so needs a bit of extra attention for training but a really lovable little guy.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #1107
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Well, we just got 3 small kitties to deal with....

A mom cat was sitting on our back porch a couple of days ago.... we did not know she was a mom, but wanted to try and catch her and take her to the shelter... left some food out for her...

The next day, DW and DD found 4 kitties.... mom did not like it and grabbed one and took off... we have not seen mom since... we are starting to get the 3 to learn to eat solid food or drink some milk... one took to it right away and at a lot of food... I just heard that one of the others started this morning...

Might keep them for another week before taking them to the shelter, but will discuss with DW...
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #1108

The shelter will probably put the kitties into foster care until they are old enough to adopt. Just so you have some additional info to share with your wife.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #1109
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
The shelter will probably put the kitties into foster care until they are old enough to adopt. Just so you have some additional info to share with your wife.

Yea, the question is do WE want to foster them for awhile with the help of the shelter or just give that job to someone else...

Our two cats have hissed at the kitties through the door... so not sure how they will like it...
Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #1110

Had to share this - I caught our 16 year old Murphy (the calico) with our 9 month old (Lucy). Normally Murphy doesn't want anything to do with Lucy, but out on the porch today, they seem to be doing OK! Warms my heart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1312.jpg (706.5 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #1111
Give me a forum ...

Cat survives long ordeal...........

Saw this in today's local paper. Cats must be tough.

Beloved cat survives against all odds Local News Meridian Star
Old 08-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #1112

That's an amazing story Dawg52. If I were that cat's owner, I'd be livid with the movers. I know mistakes can happen but even so.......
Old 08-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #1113
Administrator

That poor cat! I would be very upset, too. Sounds like the cat is recovering, though I guess that now it only has 8 lives left....

I used to live in Meridian back in 1975, when my ex was stationed at that very same Naval Air Station.

― N. Gaiman (2002)

W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #1114
Give me a forum ...

That cat must has used all its 9 lives.

MRG
Old 08-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #1115

We had a cat who got locked in a bedroom all day while we were at work. Not too traumatic compared to the experience of the kitty in the article. She ruined the carpet digging at the door and she would never again allow herself to be in a room with a closed door without immediately beginning to meow for the door to be opened.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #1116

I picked her up from the animal shelter this last week! She's about 2 years old and 9 pounds. She's separated from my cats because of her upper respiratory infection. I've named her Kiki.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #1117

Yay for Kiki!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaintosea View Post

I picked her up from the animal shelter this last week! She's about 2 years old and 9 pounds. She's separated from my cats because of her upper respiratory infection. I've named her Kiki.
She's a cutie! Love to hear about every shelter animal who finds a good home. What breed(s) is she?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #1119
Administrator

Very nice dog. Hope she gets well soon.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #1120

Thanks everyone. She's probably a Chihuahua mix. The shelter just called her a Chihuahua. But her ears don't stand up and I think she might be a little long. She also didn't run around all hyper like the other Chihuahuas in her glass enclosure. She stopped and stared at me the first time I saw her. I thought, oh no I can't get a dog and I left. I went there to look at a couple of chickens which turned out to be roosters. Well I went back 2 days later, she was still there and she did the same thing except she walked up to the glass door and leaned up against it and put her leg up against it. Meanwhile the others were still running around. Of course my heart melted!! She has kennel cough. She's on meds for 2 weeks. She already responds to her name (2 days) . She's not a barker, she's house trained and an all around charmer! I can't stop smiling!