Ann Rule

Free To Canoe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
SEATTLE -- True-crime writer Ann Rule, who wrote more than 30 books, including a profile of her former co-worker, serial killer Ted Bundy, has died at age 84.
Scott Thompson, a spokesman for CHI Franciscan Health, said Rule died at Highline Medical Center at 10:30 p.m. Sunday. Rule's daughter, Leslie Rule, said on Facebook that her mother had many health issues, including congestive heart failure.

Seattle true crime writer Ann Rule dies

DW is a big "true crime" fan. I read a couple of her books.

RIP

Seattle true crime writer Ann Rule dies

DW is a big "true crime" fan. I read a couple of her books.

RIP

She is one of my favorite writers. (Her along with John Grisham are my two favorites.) Coupled with the fact that her stories were non fiction, making it more interesting to me. I primarily listen to audio books, but unfortunately few of her books made it to audio. I am sorry to hear she is gone.

As are we. We never read any of her books, nor did we ever meet her, but she was my spouse's second or third cousin I think.

Sad. I read all of her books at least twice. Alway well written and grabbed you quickly. I will miss waiting for her new books to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

It made am sad when I read in her death notices that her sons had been stealing money from her and had been threatening her. She was in a wheelchair and they would threaten her until she signed checks. I guess there is an ongoing case about this.

I always read her books and once sent her an email (fan letter, blush). Later when she was coming to San Antonio for a trial, she emailed me to ask questions about SA, the weather, hotels, etc. since I live in TX. Fortunately, I was able to answer her questions, because I'm very familiar with SA. In the book she wrote from this trial, she listed me in her thank yous for helping her! I was SO happy and couldn't believe she did that. She was a remarkable lady.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

It made am sad when I read in her death notices that her sons had been stealing money from her and had been threatening her. She was in a wheelchair and they would threaten her until she signed checks. I guess there is an ongoing case about this.

I always read her books and once sent her an email (fan letter, blush). Later when she was coming to San Antonio for a trial, she emailed me to ask questions about SA, the weather, hotels, etc. since I live in TX. Fortunately, I was able to answer her questions, because I'm very familiar with SA. In the book she wrote from this trial, she listed me in her thank yous for helping her! I was SO happy and couldn't believe she did that. She was a remarkable lady.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

That is really cool. How many people get to interact with favorite authors that way?

Back
Top Bottom