Another Birthday Means...

panacea

Full time employment: Posting here.
One year closer to FIRE!!

I received the annual Happy Birthday wish from this forum today and I really love the message. "If you are not retired yet, you are one year closer and can rejoice."

A couple people asked me if birthdays bother me these days and this was precisely my answer. No way... I'm just one year closer to retirement. At 45, maybe people are half expecting a mid-life crisis of some kind?? I've certainly come across many mid-life crisis people over the years (new tattoos, new and adventurous activities, young girlfriends, etc.) and am happy to say I don't see that happening for me...

FIRE, here I come!! :dance:

Happy Birthday! I, too, love my birthday message from the forum!
And I like to think of any positive changes in your life not as crises, mid-life or otherwise, but rather overcoming the inertia to do something completely different...like retire early!
Have a great day!

Happy Birthday!

I love my birthday - each birthday means:

1. another year worth of savings tucked away
2. a year closer to paying off the mortgage
3. a little bump in my eventual social security check
4. a moderate bump in my eventual pension check
5. I'm still this side of the dirt
6. a year closer to FIRE :dance:

Hey, today is my birthday and I missed the email from ER. Just went back and checked before I got all bent out of shape and it was there.

When I logged in to Google today, there was a graphic of cakes and pies and candles, etc. When I paused the mouse above it, it said "Happy Birthday, Marcia*!"

I am obviously much loved. :greetings10:

*fake name

hey thanks for all the birthday wishes!

imoldernu, that's a fun link. Abe Lincoln was elected on November 6th... and lots of other interesting trivia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom