Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #41
Dryer sheet aficionado

I normally refraim from being drawn in to this type of discussion, but the comments here are some of the worst I have seen and show a total disrespect for the office![/quote]

Bush shows a total disrespect for the office.

By the way, Einstein, you never heard of spell check?:confused:

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yes, I have heard of spell check, however, occasionally I make a mistake. What I do reframe from is openly insulting others that post on this board. I stand by my comments, and you seem to prove some of what I was getting at. I believe personal attacks on other posters do not belong on this board. To me it is ones intent in their post that counts not if they misspell a word or two, have a typo, or their grammar is less than perfect.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderdude View Post
And I have had trouble with everyone I've been aquainted with in the past six years who supports or supported this man. I have lost more than a few friends over this.
You are clearly taking this too seriously. Stop. Take a few deep breaths. If the feelings don't go away, get help.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This board is about 75% Democrats, so we need to remember that.........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Hmmm, I made half the jokes and i'm not a democrat.

I'm also not a yellow dog republican.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

You are clearly taking this too seriously.

Perhaps, we are talking about different things. I was talking about over 3,600 young men and women who lost lives in a ill-thought, historically doomed attempt to Democratize/Christianize the middle-east. I am talking about money, that we don't have, being spent on the war we didn't need, which has forced us to mortgage our nation's future, ironically, to China, (that great Christian Democracy.) I am talking about the Medicare/Social Security mess that has been ignored while being preoccupied with this endless, useless war.

What are you talking about?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

I drew the line when these folks would go on television, say something that was captured on video tape, and then claim later that they never said it.

Hello people in Washington! You guys DO know we can watch that old video tape of you saying those things, and then watch the one where you say you didnt?

President Bush after Katrina:“I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees”. If you google "bush video tape lie katrina" you'll get a number of video taped events where Bush is being advised of the probability of a levee breach regularly over a four day period prior to the storm by a number of his top officials. On august 29th, he told Louisiana/New Orleans officials, also on tape “We are fully prepared.”.

Vice President Cheney on Iraq-9/11 connection on Tim Russerts show: "Well, what we now have that's developed since you and I last talked, Tim, of course, was that report that's been pretty well confirmed, that he (Mohamed Atta) did go to Prague and he did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack."

In an interview with Gloria Borger several years later: "You have said in the past that it was, quote, 'pretty well confirmed.'" Cheney: "No, I never said that." Borger: OK. Cheney: "I never said that." Borger: "I think that is…" Cheney: "Absolutely not."

Tony Snow, March 15th, on the firing of the US attorneys: "It’s pretty clear that these things are based on performance and not on sort of attempts to do political retaliation, if you will."

At a press briefing several months later, a reporter asks "At the beginning of this story, the President, you, Dan Bartlett, others said on camera that politics was not involved, this was performance-based, but --". Snow: "No, that is something -- we have never said that."

How do you show respect for people who tell you something that is untrue, that then costs people their lives and jobs, and then knowing that there is a video taped record that will contradict their statements...lie to your face?

I guess i'm just not that patriotic or not that much a dyed in the wool republican.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #48

Republicans don’t seem to have a lock on this:

I did not have sex with that woman……

I voted for it before I voted against it…..

How many democrats now apposed to the war voted for it?

So why not be discussed with all politicians that speak for convinces rather than conscience.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Yep, I can see how you can equate lying about a BJ with lying about starting a war, lying about saving people from a natural disaster, and lying about why people lost their jobs.

On the other, I cant imagine why none of the democrats have simply stated "I voted for the dang war because the president, vice president, and everyone else in the executive branch fed me baldfaced lies that, with that as my only information, gave me no other reasonable option at the time. I was told that Iraq was behind 9/11, had nukes and chemical/biological weapons, and that they were poised to attack america and support terrorism. Now that I know the real facts, that absolutely none of that was true and there was never any reasonable evidence to believe it was ever true, it was a mistake to place that vote".
Old 07-25-2007, 02:57 PM   #50
Dryer sheet aficionado

Rustic, I don't know you. You could very well be a nice guy who helps old ladies cross the street.
But what sticks in my craw is the tiresome "Good German" argument that "we must not denigrate or disrespect the president because it denigrates the office of president."

Bullshit to that. Bush, and any other president, is a public servant. They are in office at our pleasure to enforce the constitution. When this clown makes statements calling the constitution a "damned piece of paper," we're all in serious peril.

When I have to wonder if this message will be read by someone at the Homeland Stupidity Department you really see how far down the road to a police state we've gone.

Wake up, man.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #51

How can you tell when a politician is lying?

His lips are moving.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #52

RANT (consider yourself warned)

I have no problem with someone saying “The president should be impeached because, he violated the constitution, he committed a crime i.e. perjury, he stole, he ease dropped on U.S. citizens without a warrant.” There are checks and balances in our government and they should be allowed to work. President Clinton was impeached by the House, and tried by the Senate and found Not Guilty. That is how things are suppose to work. Not tried in the press.

Every 4 years we have the opportunity to change the executive branch of government. If your side looses, you work to change it next time. Making derogatory statements about a settings president’s brain being in his ass, or how stupid he is, or other personal inflammatory statements IMHO is not the way a civilized society should behave.

It has become popular to attack the President on a personal level. Do you really believe a man that graduates from Yale, then a Master’s from Harvard, runs an oil company, a major league ball club, state governor, and President of the U.S. is stupid. You may disagree with his decisions, his policies, his governing style, but to imply he is stupid… well is just stupid.

I may be naïve, but I figure that those in power quite often have access to intelligence I don’t. That often they are forced to make decisions I don’t understand, and may not agree with. However, I have learned through the years that administrations come and go. If an administration is too far off base the next will surely expose it. Many of the policies of the Johnson administration were lambasted by Nixon, however, he changed very few of his policies, as Carter changed little of Nixon, and so on. Maybe they know something we don’t or maybe you think most Hollywood stars without high school diplomas are smarter.

I am not concerned about Home Land Security reading my post. I do not loose sleep over the police storming my house and taking my guns. I do worry that we are one of the most competitive nations on earth, and we want to win at all cost and can not see the harm caused by public statements.

We are at war! We have soldiers in harms way! During the Vietnam War, the enemy realized they could win on the streets of the U.S. what they could not win on the battlefield. That put U.S. soldiers in harms way, and I lost friends. I currently have a son serving in the military. So I take some of these statement personally. I see harm in them even if you don’t. So there is the problem. How to you protest current policies without giving aid and comfort to the enemy and in turn placing our troops in harms way. In the past it was the voting booth i.e. Eisenhower over Truman. Today, it appears to be an all out onslaught on ones personal character in the press.

So now you know why I am not laughing at what I consider crude jokes that denigrate the Office.

RANT OVER.