Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Another one lacking a sense of humour
Old 02-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #1

Another one lacking a sense of humour

Four years in gaol for grabbing her butt.

Had I been this woman I might jave taken it as a compliment; if not I might have laughed it off; at worse I would have slapped him silly.

But no, this broad files a complaint.

What lunacy.

I recall in the fifties it was 'de rigueur' to whistle at a pretty woman and even pinch her bum. Italian women in particular never ever objected; they had a sense of humour and laughed it off. I recall Boris Yelsin being caught on camera going to a meeting and doing exactly that. Big deal!

But we are now living in an age of sickening political correctness and the female lib movement has gone completely beserk.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4746760.stm
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Another one lacking a sense of humour
Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Four yeas in gaol for grabbing her butt.

Had I been this woman I might jave taken it as a compliment; if not I might have laughed it off; at worse I would have slapped him silly.

But no, this broad files a complaint.

What lunacy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4746760.stm
I heard they have a new device, similar to the ones they put on drunk drivers cars, but for computers. You have to blow into it to show that you're not **** faced before you can post.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bulldog
I heard they have a new device, similar to the ones they put on drunk drivers cars, but for computers. You have to blow into it to show that you're not **** faced before you can post.
And I suppose, in your particular case before you post, you somehow managed to this test?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-1
And I suppose, in your particular case before you post, you somehow managed to this test?
I at least manage to spell correctly and include all the words I wanted to say. I also have far better comebacks than this pedestrian 11 year old attempt.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Fuzzy Bulldog
I at least manage to spell correctly and include all the words I wanted to say. I also have far better comebacks than this pedestrian 11 year old attempt.

I have this annoying habit of posting and then going back and cleaning up the text. If you have to issue immediate knee-jerk responses before I am quite done well that is your problem, not mine.

I suggest you dwell on the message and not on the typos or poor sentence structure. That would be a sign of maturity.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
Give me a forum ...

I have this annoying habit of telling trolls to stick it where the sun doesnt shine.

Have a nice life Mike/Max/Howard/whoever you are.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek

Mike-1,

Quote:
Diana Marcela Diaz told RCN that the courier had cycled off after groping her, but had been caught by passers-by.
I guess if he would have slugged her rather than groping her, it would have been ok also?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyd
Mike-1,

I guess if he would have slugged her rather than groping her, it would have been ok also?

Actually no.

Had he slugged her it would gave been a case of assault, unless it were in self-defence. Ironically, my guess is he might have gotten less time in the slammer.

Let's get real. He pinched her bum. If she wasn't amused she could have slapped him. And I mean not to break his jaw either. She would have made her point. It would have wounded his pride. That would have been the end of it.

Meanwhile the guy is off to gaol.

How insane.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Actually no.

Had he slugged her it would gave been a case of assault, unless it were in self-defence. Ironically, my guess is he might have gotten less time in the slammer.
Actually, there are more than a few places (in the civilized world) where groping rises to assault.
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
Full time employment: Posting here.

BS, here is a link

http"//www/financialwebring.com/forum/index.php

Pose your question, mike-1, Howard, Maximillion, THEN apologize.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #11

typo
http://www.financialwebring.com/forum/index.php
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Quote:
Let's get real. He pinched her bum.
How insane.*
What's insane is that you're defending him. Lets reverse the roles- you're walking down the street and some random gay guys whistles and grabs a handful of your ass- how would you react? Get a life. Find something else to complain about.
Marshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:05 PM   #13

I recall in the fifties it was 'de rigueur' to whistle at a pretty woman and even pinch her bum. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4746760.stm
I remember being assaulted by a stranger when I was 18 in the 60's. Trapped in an elevator stopped between floors felt up and kissed until I could fight my way to the buttons to get the elevator moving. Maybe being attacked in the street would be more acceptable. Four years seems excessive but slapping his face isn't nearly enough. They need to be taught to keep their hands to themselves.
If I guy liked your butt would you slap his face for grabbing it in public or would you want something done about it?
What does humor have to do with sexual assault on any level?
old woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by old woman

I remember being assaulted by a stranger when I was 18 in the 60's. Trapped in an elevator stopped between floors felt up and kissed until I could fight my way to the buttons to get the elevator moving. Maybe being attacked in the street would be more acceptable. Four years seems excessive but slapping his face isn't nearly enough. They need to be taught to keep their hands to themselves.
If I guy liked your butt would you slap his face for grabbing it in public or would you want something done about it?
What does humor have to do with sexual assault on any level?
You are one of the first intelligent people who has responded so far. Trying to respond to others is a complete waste of my time.

First of all, what you endured in that elevator as a young woman was indeed sexual assault. Not rape mind you. But an unwanted advance, yes.

Secondly, I would ask that this incident be put into proper perspective. Since when is pinching the buttocks groping? Or, God forbid, sexual assault? We are not talking of ones intimate private parts or the even the lips. We are speaking of ones humble posterior. Period. Last time I looked it wasn't a sexual organ or even a mildly erotic body part. It is simply, as we Brits would say, an 'arse'.

If someone did it to you I imagine you would take offence. Fine. I have no problem with that. But would you only be happy if the guy did 4 years hard time to pay for his transgression? Don't forget that in the civilised world the punishment is supposed to fit the crime.

As to humour, well some women might consider it funny. Not that many.

But what is unfunny is that a man will do 4 years jail time. No one so far has commented on how insane that is. Maybe you have all missed the point?

Old 02-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

But what is unfunny is that a man will do 4 years jail time. No one so far has commented on how insane that is. Maybe you have all missed the point?

Were all sitting here quietly hoping the story is autobiographical and that you are off to jail soon.

Of course it is insane. But you are trying to bait us into a discussion of how it was the womans fault. Would it help if I clearly state that it isn't the woman's fault? She doesn't chose what the law provides as a penalty. The "woman's lib" movement didn't pass the law. The woman's lib movement didn't hand down the sentence.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

mike, you see, the reason you aren't getting the reactions you want is your lack of sophistication in the use of a wedge issue to start a flame war. You see, this board is pretty tight, and it is primarily here to discuss issues of retirement, financial independence, investments, etc. We created a sub-section about "other topics" because we all have interests other than those stated above, and as (cyber) friends we enjoy sharing them with one another. Some one newly arrives to the board, and before introducing him/herself jumps into the other topics section and starts obviously provocative threads, and countering responses to his/her posts with insults to posters' intelligence, etc. are all straight out of the troll handbook.

Why don't you try explaining your goals for coming to this board, tell us your age, your net worth, your investment philosophy, your retirement goals?
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 03:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
Were all sitting here quietly hoping the story is autobiographical and that you are off to jail soon.

Of course it is insane. But you are trying to bait us into a discussion of how it was the womans fault. Would it help if I clearly state that it isn't the woman's fault? She doesn't chose what the law provides as a penalty. The "woman's lib" movement didn't pass the law. The woman's lib movement didn't hand down the sentence.

Martha, you are the second woman here that makes sense.

I made no mention of blame and no one is baiting anyone.

From the BBC link it was obviously NOT her fault. She wasn't asking for it. The guy is clearly to blame.

If the woman who is the victim, (I use this label for lack of a better word) is sensible and has a sense of humour then she will accept that these thing will and do happen and thus will teach the lout a lesson by giving him a good slap. This course of action, as a possible sentence for his so-called crime, is provided for in the link

But no, he is off to gaol for 4 years. But this doesn't seem to bother anyone here.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
mike, you see, the reason you aren't getting the reactions you want is your lack of sophistication in the use of a wedge issue to start a flame war. You see, this board is pretty tight, and it is primarily here to discuss issues of retirement, financial independence, investments, etc. We created a sub-section about "other topics" because we all have interests other than those stated above, and as (cyber) friends we enjoy sharing them with one another. Some one newly arrives to the board, and before introducing him/herself jumps into the other topics section and starts obviously provocative threads, and countering responses to his/her posts with insults to posters' intelligence, etc. are all straight out of the troll handbook.

Why don't you try explaining your goals for coming to this board, tell us your age, your net worth, your investment philosophy, your retirement goals?
I must have come to the wrong board I see.

What do I need to introduce myself for? I could say I was the uncle of the Sultan of Brunei and who would be the wiser?

As to explaining my goals for coming to this board, age, net worth, investment philosophy, retirement goals, yes these are valid points you raise and I may touch on them at some point if I decide to stick around.

As to insulting other posters' intelligence well I am relieved that I have gotten a few intelligent well phrased responses so far and I have made a point of saying so. Go see all my posts. I have only been here a week or so and there aren't that many so far.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:14 PM   #19
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I do not see the humor in this either. My childhood had many episodes of knock-down, drag-out fights between my parents. I would not want to slap the face of anybody, as I saw way too much violence in my younger days. I would want the court to handle it.

Dreamer
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer
I do not see the humor in this either. My childhood had many episodes of knock-down, drag-out fights between my parents. I would not want to slap the face of anybody, as I saw way too much violence in my younger days. I would want the court to handle it.

Dreamer
If I were to witness a man bothering a woman (by pinching her bum) and she as a result took violent objection then if she slapped him silly I would say good for her.

A good slapping doesn't constitute violence. It amounts to humiliation on the part of the recipient and satisfaction to the aggrieved party. Short and sweet, end of incident.

My original thinking was that way back when, circa 1955, all before this women’s rights stuff and gender equality became such an issue, that if a gal had her bum pinched by an 'admirer', she might well have taken it humorously all in her stride but made it clear she wanted the would-be Romeo to stop. That was in the good old days when nobody made such a big deal about these things.

Now of course it is termed groping, sexual assault, good lord, an act just short of penetration.

Anyways, in this case the courts did handle it with insane results.

My guess is there are probably some here who feel 4 years hard time isn’t punishment enough. Maybe the death penalty might be a little too drastic but a longer gaol term plus physical castration would probably suit them fine.