Another question concerning wills et al

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
How much info do I have to supply concerning an heir?
IRA
Will
TSP
CDs
Do I need SS #, address; and can these be easily changed/updated along the way?

Banks require ssn, name and address to be a beneficiary of a checking account now. I would think ssn and name should be enough

I recently updated the beneficiaries on my tax-deferred account and Roth IRA. The form for the Roth requested name, address, date of birth, SSN, relationship to me, whether primary or contingent beneficiary and what proportion of the account each should receive. I don't know how much of that info they'd have been willing to do without if I didn't know it. I don't see the form from my tax-deferred plan but IIRC it was pretty similar. For the beneficiaries I also had to declare my marital status.

I recently updated the beneficiaries on my tax-deferred account and Roth IRA. The form for the Roth requested name, address, date of birth, SSN, relationship to me, whether primary or contingent beneficiary and what proportion of the account each should receive. I don't know how much of that info they'd have been willing to do without if I didn't know it. I don't see the form from my tax-deferred plan but IIRC it was pretty similar. For the beneficiaries I also had to declare my marital status.

Wonder if I could have form sent for beneficiary to fill out.

Back
Top Bottom