Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post

Someday americans will wake up and take back their country.
What facts do you have to support this position?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Someday americans will wake up and take back their country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantlogin View Post
What facts do you have to support this position?
The Easter Bunny told the Tooth Fairy, who filled in Santa, and Santa mentioned it in the Thank You note that he left for newguy for the milk and cookies.

Who's out of touch?

-ERD50

Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Skype™ to imnxpat
Most of Bush's people were appointed based on loyalty, not competence. For example, the sole qualification of Michael Brown, the head of FEMA who mismanaged the response to Hurricane Katrina, was his experience as a horse rancher.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnxpat View Post
Most of Bush's people were appointed based on loyalty, not competence. For example, the sole qualification of Michael Brown, the head of FEMA who mismanaged the response to Hurricane Katrina, was his experience as a horse rancher.
Was Brownie even a good horse rancher before he was appointed to head FEMA?

Is that what happen with Condi, Rummy, Gonzo and Cheney? How about Scotter what is the story on that poor devil?

Could it be possible that Old George W is not the only president to have done this?

GOD BLESS
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post

Is that what happen with Condi, Rummy, Gonzo and Cheney? How about Scotter what is the story on that poor devil?

Could it be possible that Old George W is not the only president to have done this?

GOD BLESS
as wags implied... It's a time honored tradition
but usually they are made ambassador to
brazil or something like that, NOT a fema director which i would think is
one of most technically demanding jobs in the cabinet. sigh..
Old 12-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #46

Quote:
It shows the complete incompetence of this guy.
Incompetence. You want to see incompetence, take a look at the Reid/Pelosi team (I use the term "team" extrememly loosely here).

In a year, those two have driven the publics' Congressional approval ratings down from the 40's to 22%! Those two are completely incompetent.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post
Incompetence. You want to see incompetence, take a look at the Reid/Pelosi team (I use the term "team" extrememly loosely here).

In a year, those two have driven the publics' Congressional approval ratings down from the 40's to 22%! Those two are completely incompetent.
Since incompetence seems to be the norm in D>C maybe the taxpayers should hire some semi's, herd the mangy varmints (Congress & the Bush Adminstration) and ship all of them to disneyland. If they are not going to do the business of the people maybe they can at least have a good time on the American's people $$$$.

At the end of their term they can tell their families that while it is true that they did not get anything done at least they got a fun filled trip to Disneyland.

While it is true that the Reid/Pelosi team has been incompetent - they have not done it all by themselves - I believe that the Reps and Dems were all of some assistance.

Once these varmints get into Congress or into the W.H they forget all about the people and they cater to the special interest groups who give them the $$$$.

GOD BLESS
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #48
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post

Yes indeed.

Like I have said before I am an equal opportunity dem and repub basher. We have very marginal leaders.

Yes these dems are awful. The problem is that the president was given a vote of no confidence in 04 by throwing out his party in congress. What came to power is well weak at best.

Oh well its the holidays I am done with politics. I think you guys make some sense here. Who needs to talk politics it makes for bad bed partners.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:44 AM   #49
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh View Post
as wags implied... It's a time honored tradition
but usually they are made ambassador to
brazil or something like that, NOT a fema director which i would think is
one of most technically demanding jobs in the cabinet. sigh..

One of my biggest bitches about the Bush Whitehouse is the deterioration of his cabinet. People can argue about the job Rumsfeld did, but Colin Powell, Condi Rice, and Don Rumsfeld was a highly competent team. Paul O' Neil as Sec. of Treasury was probably a poor fit, but the guy was smart and innovative same with Rod Paige

It's pretty much gone down hill since then, and Brownie as FEMA head takes the cake. I don't know much about Paulson as Treasury Sec but the fact that had to google him to remember his name isn't a good sign. I'd much rather have Rubin in the job now days with the troubles in financial market.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I don't know much about Paulson as Treasury Sec but the fact that had to google him to remember his name isn't a good sign. I'd much rather have Rubin in the job now days with the troubles in financial market.
Paulson, like Rubin, is a former chairman of Goldman Sachs, which speaks to his competence in financial matters. As competent as Rubin was, it should be noted that he has been part of top management at Citicorp as things have unraveled there.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #51

Quote:
Wow I said that news to me.
What I actually typed was.
"Fact 5. The Cuban Missile crisis while important, is not in the top 10 list of the most important events in US history. It is probably far less important than knowing the names and backgrounds of the Press House press corp, and the names and correct pronouncation of foreign leaders and government official. I know I and bet you would fail pretty miserable at this task, but Dana doesn't."

Which part are you disagreeing with me. You think the Cuban missile is the one of the top 10 most important event in US history, or do you believe that good knowledge of history is more important job qualifications for the press secretary than building personal relationship and knowing current events and leaders.

I bet that average college graduate under 40 couldn't tell you more about the Cuban Missile Crisis than it was about "Cuba and Missiles"

If this is the worse gaffee Dana makes as Press Sec. she'll be doing awfully good.

I like to have a beer with Dana and the Bush twins!
Quote:
No dude here are the facts.

Fact 6: The Bush hater and liberal media have leapped all over this to prove Bush's incompetence. If woman working in the White House is restricted to this who get masters degrees before they are 20 (like Condi) i.e. genius, they'll continue to be tokens.
No Dude, here are the facts...

oy - i know the american education system ain't keepin up - but your lowly view of us kids and female folk under 40 is perhaps too broad a stroke...

I for one don't judge who should be appointed for offices based on who I want to have a beer with.