Anthem Hacked: 80 million customers

Corporate Orphan, that is good news for you guys. But like you I would be a bit suspicious and call again…to see if you get the same results.
From my conversation with the Anthem rep I was transferred to, it is my understanding the calls are routed to this area where there are Anthem reps sitting there performing queries for this exact question. At least that is what he told me.
I also wonder if the rep can give you any sort of confirmation code of his/her results or if they would agree to send you a letter stating your info was not part of it or anything that will give you confidence in their answer. It's the least they can do!!

p.s. I asked the rep why I had not gotten a letter but my daughter had. I was trying to gain some understanding as to how these letters were generated. He didn't know. My point was that I was the primary on the account and asked about Anthem picking up the name line of the minor. My daughter was on my account as part of "a household". THe records are linked. Again he didn't know but offered to put me in touch with someone who could help. I declined at that time. I'm not sure how much confidence I have with the way they generate the letters.

Last edited:
I called today and weirdly I am NOT part of the hack either. Neither is youngest kid (older kid is over 18 so has to call on own). So my DH got a letter his information was hacked, but not the rest of the family.

Anthem rep said I could still sign up for the two year free monitoring for myself and youngest kid, even though our data was not compromised.

Incorrect Bill

Looks like Anthem has more IT issues. My monthly bill came last week with an "adjustment" for the year. When I asked why, they said some bills were sent in error and to ignore it. They are sending corrected bills out in the next two weeks. When I said my premium is due 5/1 they said I really had until 5/31 to pay it so I could wait until I had the correct statement.

I noticed their customer service has gotten much more attentive when I called about some medical bills I received earlier in the week.

I wonder if Anthem is going to be in business in the next 5 years...

Back
Top Bottom