Any advice to get wife to believe in ER?

Ditto....but I am a woman and sraight!

And if it doesn't work out....you have two offers of marriage...one from a guy and one from a girl!:D

Sweet. now we need a matchmaking section on here............where "LBYM Meets LBYM"........:D

another woman here, with .02 to share.

I don't know what she does during the day, but it does sound like she's milking it, especially if the kids are in school now & you're doing 50% of the chores. I'd feel like an a$$hat if I worked that little while my husband (who I'm supposed to love) worked his butt off.

the part you stated about buying a cheaper car & banking the difference really bugged me. I don't see why her opinion in that (buy the more expensive care) is more important than yours.

I can understand that concept that, if you've been working long hours for so long, she may be used to life without you. it sounds like she needs to get used to life WITH you again, which may take time, but I don't see why it wouldn't be doable to start enjoying each other's company again. although I guess it depends on where her priorities are: keep up with the joneses, or have a husband to learn & grow & cherish life with.

I agree with all the 'get thee to a marriage consouler' comments. would she go? if she wouldn't go, you should go yourself. you may learn some good techniques on how to talk to her.

I would rather be home raising the kids, or at least there when they get home from school.

So find a way to do it. It's 2007. Switch roles with DW, now, before you implode!

That's a tough spot to be in. My wife is 100% onboard with our plans to RE. She wants out of the working world just as much as I do. However,

Cont'd from my last post.....I'm new here.

sometimes she feels the need to keep up with the Jonses and I need to remind her that our long term goals sometimes require some sacrifice. For instance, we currently live in a 2 bed 2 bath townhouse. Since we don't have any kids yet, it's perfect for us. Most of our friends, though, have been buying big houses and and one just bought a boat. I had to remind her that we have a goal to RE and we shouldn't compare ourselves to our friends. What they want to do with their money is their business. Just because they spend more than we do doesn't mean they make, save, are worth more than we are.

Mr. Beerman,

This is not looking good.
I am not going sugar coat this one.
She like things the way they are.
It is possible that no amount of counselling will work.
I dragged my ex to see two therapist and she made sure it was futile.
It seems like the your presence is border-line optional in this marriage.

Divorce is an industry and it is stacked against you the primary breadwinner. And with kids in that age bracket. Her earning power - compare your W2 with her's for the last few years.

The reason I am bringing up this is you may end up there. If you can deal with the worst outcome, then set some measurable goals and time-lines to make changes.

I don't have a solution but I will drink a lot more beer for you.

Well, Beerman? You've had a lot of advice - most of it seems to be of the same opinion. Maybe more than you bargained for. What are you thinking? What will you do?

Well, Beerman? You've had a lot of advice - most of it seems to be of the same opinion. Maybe more than you bargained for. What are you thinking?

He's thinking he asked the last question he will ever ask on this forum!

Ha

The following has happened:

He's sleeping on the couch
He's been cut off
His wife is on an expensive shopping trip to NYC
His Fat Tire was given to a homeless man

Basically, his balls are in a vise, and she's turning the lever 1/4 turn a day...........

I haven't been following this thread as much as I used to but one thing that I have noticed is that Beer Man has stopped posting. Did someone say something to piss em off?

Be nice now folks.:bat:;)

Spoken like a man who knows the subject. :)

Ha

A [-]eunuch[/-] unique perspective...
509.gif

Back
Top Bottom