Any Amazon Echo Users ?

Or something different, rated G:
You: "How much is that doggie in the window"
Alexa: ... I'll let you discover it :)

I asked and she said "Adding Doggie with the waggly tail to your shopping list. ... Just kidding."

Sounds just like Siri.

Siri had a lot of fun teasing my husband when he had her run several sub minute timers in a row.

DH read me parts of an article today about how a TV broadcast on the subject of Siri, made sure to never say "Hey, Siri". Meanwhile a podcast said it numerous times, and had lots of annoyed users writing it to cut it out. Their podcast kept waking up Siri, stopping the podcast.

So I said (somewhat softly) - oh, if I say "Hey Siri" softly my watch doesn't hear it.

Wrong, Siri pops right up on my watch, listening for my command.

So I said: Nevermind, Siri, you can go back to sleep now.

Siri replies: I never sleep, Audrey.

OK - so I feel a little like Dave talking to HAL......

And I can stop yelling at my watch.

Last edited:
I've had Alexa since I bought an Echo on Prime Day. She's causing a little problem here.

DH was away on business for about ten days when I got the Echo. In that time, I became comfortable talking to Alexa throughout the day. Sometimes just quick questions, like "what's the weather forecast" or "when do the Phillies play". Now that DH is home, anytime I say something to Alexa, he assumes I was speaking to him and speaks from the other room "What? I didn't hear you". DH then gets annoyed when I tell home I was talking to Alexa.

He still hasn't spoken to her. I think she's hurt.

I've had her since the beginning. Just bought Dot for the kitchen and a remote. I loaded every CD we own and created numerous play lists. No more searching for and loading CDs!
Love the shopping list which I can access from my phone while shopping.
Love her!

I've had her since the beginning. Just bought Dot for the kitchen and a remote. I loaded every CD we own and created numerous play lists. No more searching for and loading CDs!
Love the shopping list which I can access from my phone while shopping.
Love her!
Where do you load your CDs to so that Echo/Dot/Alexa can play them?

Back
Top Bottom