Any baseball fans out there?

I disagree. You only need 3 starters in the playoffs. Darvish, Dempster and Harrision and a pretty solid 3. The Rangers bullpen is one of the best in all of baseball even if Adams is out. I think the Rangers are the favorite.

I agree. Not sure which team I'd trade lineups for against the Rangers. They are pretty solid. On the other hand they have not played their best baseball the last 2 weeks. Better pitching would of course be nice. But their hitting has also been very spotty.

Still, give me the Rangers. Heck it was only 3 short years ago before anyone could imagine them in the playoffs. Now they have me spoiled and worried about their pitching and hitting. All that while still having the best record in the AL.

It's been great fun (as long as I block out that kick in the sports crotch from WS Game 6 last year.)

3 years ago I told my brother that the Rangers had one of the best young teams in the league. He's a Red Sox fan and told me I was nuts. I've been saying "I told you so" quite a bit over the past 3 years.

Great photo!
Thank you...:flowers:

Daddy will be 80 on the the 8th of this month. When I made his card this afternoon, part of the text said...'Remember yer 80 years old..that's not the speed limit.' Then I put a dollar in the card and attached a note that said he owes me 20 cents. :D

I disagree. You only need 3 starters in the playoffs. Darvish, Dempster and Harrision and a pretty solid 3. The Rangers bullpen is one of the best in all of baseball even if Adams is out. I think the Rangers are the favorite.

The playoffs are different. Personally, I miss Lewis, who is a big game pitcher who could pitch deep and really shut teams down. That said, the real issue for the Ranger's is their bullpen, especially if the starters can't pitch deep. I forgot to mention Robbie Ross who was one of their most reliable relievers also went down as well. As for the starters, I would put the dutch oven ahead of Dempster, but both of them can be hit or miss; Darvish has never pitched in an AL playoff before, and while Harrison has been great throughout the year, he blew up in last year's playoffs. On the relief side, you have Ogando, Feldman, Lowe, Sheppers, Oswalt, Uehara and I wouldn't consider any of them as reliable playing against the better clubs. Nathan as the closer has been lights out, except for the past month. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt they will go far this year.

This is a pic of my dad taken in 1945 (at 13 years of age) in his baseball uniforum. He loved baseball and was very talented. He played with boys his age and also filled in on the adult team when they needed a replacement pitcher.

He told me a story about his coach talking to him (and the rest of the boys). Apparently back in the day, boys would get into a skirmish or two out on the field. :angel:

His coach said if it ever came to that, for the boys to take on whoever played their position on the other team and he would get the coach. :LOL:
bbbam, that's a wonderful picture of your Dad. He looks like a lanky wiry type who probably threw pretty hard. Love those high socks! I'll bet he recalls those days fondly, I sure did, but I was circa early 60s and not nearly as lean.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom