Join Early Retirement Today

Any Funny Dating Stories to Share, Family or Yours?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Any Funny Dating Stories to Share, Family or Yours?

Here's mine, courtesy of one of my uncles.

He had been divorced for a little while but then met a lady from church. They decided to go on a motorcycle cruise up in the Smoky Mountains near where he lives.

They got caught in a rainstorm that came up out of nowhere, so they were delayed. At the time, the lady was living with her mom due to the divorce mess. Her mom had always been very protective of her when it came to dating and men.

When they were about 30 minutes late, she started calling other relatives to find out if anyone had seen her. Then she started calling her daughter's friends to find out if they had checked in at all. Frantic, she called the local sheriff's department and told them they were late coming back, she thought her daughter had run off with a stranger, she was worried something bad had happened, etc.

During the conversation, the gal at the police department politely asked how old her daughter was. My uncle and the lady that became my aunt pulled in the driveway as her mom was yelling at the phone, because the police asked how old the daughter was and when they were told 47, they seemed amused...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

My dating daze are just a haze now...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Yep, my dating is very dated...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Me too, ancient history but I do enjoy an ocassional date shake. Anyone have a good blender recipe?
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I've learned what a tick sod is, but WTH is a date shake?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

sweeeeeet.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
WTH is a date shake?
It's not nearly as serious as wife-beating..
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Well, once I went on a date with a tick sod that soon afterwards felt like he'd been in a blender.... He probably remembers more than I do...
Old 03-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
Gone but not forgotten

Okay , I''l add one . When I was in my 30's and divorced I got fixed up on a blind date . I was to meet the guy at a local pub . I got there and looked confused when a nice looking guy waved me over so I went and sat by him and asked him had he been waiting long and he said all my life . We then talked and were enjoying the evening when another also good looking guy came in and called me by name so I turned to the guy I was talking to and asked him if he was my blind date . He said No but I looked like fun so he wanted to meet me . My real blind date was a great guy that I ended up dating for awhile .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
Gone but not forgotten

This is not a dating story but it's pretty funny . SO got a fish tank so we went shopping for fish and I got to pick out my very own fish . I loved to watch my fish and he survived when some of the other fish were dying . One day I got home early and see SO going up to the tank with a container holding a fish . Apparently my fish had died and he kept on replacing it so I would not get upset by then we were on fish #5 .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
Dryer sheet wannabe

Well.... testing the sense of humor was always very important to me early on and my favorite way to do this was to go out for an ice cream cone. Back on the road, when she put the ice cream up to take a bite, I'd give the brakes a quick firm tap, just enough to get a tiny bit around her mouth and nose. You can find out a lot about a person immediately after you've given them a little snoot full of ice cream
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Well.... testing the sense of humor was always very important to me early on and my favorite way to do this was to go out for an ice cream cone. Back on the road, when she put the ice cream up to take a bite, I'd give the brakes a quick firm tap, just enough to get a tiny bit around her mouth and nose. You can find out a lot about a person immediately after you've given them a little snoot full of ice cream
And she about you.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
Administrator

It's been a long, long time since I dated and I had several bad experiences including the time 4 of us were driving back from the pub late on a Friday night. We were still in High School, aged 17 and 18 (legal age for drinking in UK is 18 and pubs closed at 10:30). We spotted 2 girls hitching so stopped and picked them up. I was a DD that night (Designated Drunk) and myself and a friend invited them to a party we were going to the following night.

Next day we met them at the designated time and place and boy what a shock. In the dark, and being drunk, they looked a WHOLE lot younger and prettier than they actually were. Of course, being the young gentlemen we were, we took them to the party and had to undergo a lot of mockery at school over the following weeks. (I have no memory of the party itself - my brain has erased all of that!!)
Old 03-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
... 4 of us were driving back from the pub late on a Friday night. We were still in High School, aged 17 and 18 (legal age for drinking in UK is 18 and pubs closed at 10:30). We spotted 2 girls hitching so stopped and picked them up. I was a DD that night (Designated Drunk) and myself and a friend invited them to a party we were going to the following night.

Next day we met them at the designated time and place and boy what a shock. In the dark, and being drunk, they looked a WHOLE lot younger and prettier than they actually were.
Funny how that particular phenomenon seems to be universal...

Old 03-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I had an older cousin who never dated and lived her entire life at home with her mother and a spinster sister. She met a widower when she was 67 and had her first sexual experience. She scandalized her mother and her sisters by raving to everyone in sight about how great sex was. They couldn't shut her up. She married the guy. They both died about 10 years later - but they died happy
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff View Post
I had an older cousin who never dated and lived her entire life at home with her mother and a spinster sister. She met a widower when she was 67 and had her first sexual experience. She scandalized her mother and her sisters by raving to everyone in sight about how great sex was. They couldn't shut her up. She married the guy. They both died about 10 years later - but they died happy
Wow! What a great story! Thanks for sharing .

Audrey
audreyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
Give me a forum ...

I guess I can share one:

Our fraternity had an annual Valentine's date party where we made a garbage can full of wapatuli. It was a blast, but pretty much every year there were a few public couple breakups after too much liquor........

The boyfriend of one of the girls called the house looking for her. Apparently, on the car ride up, his buddies decided to road trip and they were all too drunk to drive, so she was dateless. She came back to the party and proceeded to call him every name in the book. I waited until she took a breath and then said: "That all you got"??

She turned her venom on me which I suppose I asked for. I remember some of the exchange like it was yesterday:

Her: Who are you to talk, it's not like you have a date here either.

Me: That's because I always have a Plan B......

Her: WTF's a Plan B?

Me: You, if you stop swearing at me........

We dated for a year..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
And she about you.
Absolutey! No reason to wait a long time to let somebody know I can be a bit ornery at times Got my mom with that one once too hehe.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
I've learned what a tick sod is, but WTH is a date shake?
Best date shake I ever had was here. I was exhausted afterward -- didn't think I could finish but I persevered and it all worked out.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

My brother was married 40 years, then at age 64 he lost his dear wife. After about a year he began to date. He met a woman in another state on a senior dating website. They have everything in common. He went to meet her, found her pretty, engaging and very fun to be around.

Eventually she tells him that she is 10 years older than he is. He is shocked, because she looks early 60s at most. Anyway, he is kind of in by now, and they have continued a long distance dating relationship with frequent visits to one another's homes. He told me that after he has been with her for a while he has to get away because she pesters him for sex all day every day and into the night, and he is up against his physical limit. He tells her anything- I have to meet my lawyer, I have a dentist appointment, I have to water my plants, but what he really needs is a rest.

She has 4 children, and a long marriage herself that ended with hubby's sudden death, so she is definitely not a newcomer to sex. But she says at least that her late husband had a fairly narrow palette, so in her mid-70s she has had a sexual rebirth.

Ha