Any harmonica players here?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This post is going to bring out all the jokesters :rolleyes:, but are there any harmonica players here? If so, what type do you play? How long have you been playing and other significant information.
I have wanted to play the harmonica for ages, am a beginner totally and just need some guidance as to what to buy if anyone on the board has any empirical knowledge to share.

This post is going to bring out all the jokesters :rolleyes:, but are there any harmonica players here? If so, what type do you play? How long have you been playing and other significant information.
I have wanted to play the harmonica for ages, am a beginner totally and just need some guidance as to what to buy if anyone on the board has any empirical knowledge to share.

At an earlier point in life i carried a harp around in my shirt pocket. After a year the ability to play had not happened via osmosis, so i quit carrying it. Think it was a Hohner Marine band, which had the virtue of being smaller than the Chromatic(?) that had a button on the side and two sets of reeds.

I started playing 17 years ago when I found a hamonica in the pocket of a pool table I bought. I can't read music and bought do it yourself harmonica lesson. I have learned dozens of songs over the years, but kinda gave it up a few years ago.I have bought many harmonicas and I like the Hohner Golden Melody best. It fits in the hand nice and sounds pretty good. I will never be a pro. Just don't have the music in me. I think I will go dig out my old mouth harp and see what I remember..

Harmonicas sound good to me, are cheap as all getout and you can carry them with you. How can you beat that for cheap entertainment when you have nothing else to do? And thanks for the tips so far.

I love the sound of harmonicas - specially round a campfire! I bought one years ago but never got around to taking lessons. A friend has a belt he wears to music jams with a bunch of harmonicas in it - I think each one is in a different key - not sure about the reason for so many. He is almost a professional.

Back
Top Bottom