Any Masons here?

AboutThere

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm thinking of joining the local Masons lodge but frankly don't know much about it. I wondered if there are any Masons on the forum who might share any thoughts.

I've reached out to my local folks, and plan to chat next week.

Appreciate any thoughts

ditto, PM for info, I know there are several active Masons on the board but you are pondering joining and would have different questions. Your local lodge should be full of information and assistance. That is a good place to check as there can be variations by state and each lodge has its own 'flavor' from the makeup of the membership. So you may want to check with more than one lodge although you could always transfer later.

If you want to PM me, I will be glad to assist.

My father was both, in real life and member 'till he died in 1949.

I was offered to be sponsored somwhere in my thirties but went with paraphrasing Gaucho about not being member of any club that would have me.

I tried to find one to fix the bricks in my chimney but totally unsuccessful - I guess there are no real masons anymore...

My father was a Mason (Scottish Rite) and then a Shriner for many years. He donated his time as a doctor to Shriner's Burn hospital. Many others did the same. I can't speak more highly of such a group of selfless men. Oh, yeah, they enjoyed good Texas bbq, beer and driving those little go carts and motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I tried to find one to fix the bricks in my chimney but totally unsuccessful - I guess there are no real masons anymore...

Hah!! I saw the thread title and was going to chime in with suggestions from family and personal brick/stone work background!

Back
Top Bottom