Any One Know What This Bumper Sticker Means?

marko

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've been seeing this bumper sticker quite a bit lately and, sadly must admit that I'm not clued in. I've become intrigued. (Hope it's not controversial)

Anyone have an idea? Yes, another slow day at the marko household; bad combo: lots of free time and an internet connection.

20160718_093446.jpg

I've been seeing this bumper sticker quite a bit lately and, sadly must admit that I'm not clued in. I've become intrigued. (Hope it's not controversial)

Anyone have an idea? Yes, another slow day at the marko household; bad combo: lots of free time and an internet connection.

View attachment 24351

I have no idea, but if it's not controversial, it probably wouldn't be on a bumper sticker.;);)

The right hand portion looks as if it could be an ichthys depiction.

tim-scapes-ptown-business-card-darabzine.jpg

And this one is even closer than the one with the lighthouse... it just omits the top parts from the bumper sticker.

The one pb4uski posted has the shape of a whale, no? Complete with an eye, tail fin, and blow? I suppose the circle in the top right corner is the sun.

"Praise the world" and the religious fish emblem...sylized font.

Ah! Thanks and thanks to all who helped me solve this most pressing, critical and important issue in my life! I know, I need to get a life!

:dance:

Wow, it is a religious sticker? And here we were laughing about subliminal sexual references? A bit of a Rorschach test.

Wow, it is a religious sticker? And here we were laughing about subliminal sexual references? A bit of a Rorschach test.

I'm not convinced. I've been to ptown several times and I didn't see a lot of churches. just sayin

So which is it, a P-Town sticker or a stylized Christian fish symbol?

I'm not convinced. I've been to ptown several times and I didn't see a lot of churches. just sayin

I'd seriously doubt it is a religious sign. I'd guess it's Ptown with a fish tail at the end. Fishing is big there, religion, not so much.

Me again. I think my brain had a momentary steam attack from the heat.

It DOES look more like a stylized whale, now that someone mentions it!

I was thinking the "Praise the LORD" (PTL Club) and got it confused with "praise the world" whatever that means!!!!!

Mea culpa!

Funny anecdote.....I am NOT at all religious....but today, right after I typed my note above, two Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door to leave pamphlets!!!!! They haven't been here in over a year!!!

Funny anecdote.....I am NOT at all religious....but today, right after I typed my note above, two Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door to leave pamphlets!!!!! They haven't been here in over a year!!!

my late MIL used to ask them if they wanted an astrological reading - that always worked

I think it is/was the logo for P-town Whale Watching tours. Pretty sure my friend told me they closed.

It is from a designer, Tim Scapes from Provincetown, MA, definitely not religious.

TIM-SCAPES

He also does similar designs for other cities.

-Bob N

Back
Top Bottom