Anybody tired of the Olympics?

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just askin'

Maybe it's a Southern thing.. Not familiar with cold sports.. Enjoy the people stories, but the competition doesn't excite...

Interested in the hockey, but everything else is starting to look like the X-games on ice.

No not tired. Canada beat US in men's hockey.
There was cheering in the food court. Somewhat understated in a Canadian way, but everyone giggled all day long - and we wore red.
And our lady curlers - just wonderful.

No, I am still very much enjoying them, especially freestyle skiing and hockey. The webcasts are great, I can watch what I want, when I want.

Even though I don't watch NHL, I still like following the hockey (mens and women's)

Even though I don't watch NHL, I still like following the hockey (mens and women's)

I'm just the opposite photo guy. I watch NHL nightly but didn't watch 30 seconds of Olympic hockey. But then maybe it's because I got several thousand dollars on season long bets on NHL Vegas point totals, and have nothing on Olympics. :)

Still watching them. Living just south of the Canadian border in North Dakota, hockey is a big deal and even though the US has a new hockey hero from Warroad, MN, we can still here our Canadian friends and neighbors cheering after kicking our butts. I love watching the bobs leaders and luge and skeleton races. Wish we would cover the biathlon better. The Europeans kick our butts when mixing shooting marksmanship with cross country skiing. That is a tough sport!

Besides hockey, I like the skeleton, and DW likes the snowboarding and bobsled. not so much the ice skating/dancing, as that generally has corrupt judging. But it's time for it to be over.

The Olympics big time is over (in my opinion). The world just isn't the same as it was. It used to be really hard to get all the countries together for something like this. Now....just seems like a big money waster. The last few Olympics I have watched almost none of.....especially with the way the US tv shows the product. Adverts.....commercials......very little competition.

Still watching. Really enjoyed women's hockey. The mens games have been ok. USA vs Canada was a bore and today's thumping against Finland wasn't that great. I hope tomorrow gold game is better.

I wish I had more time, since there's a ton I haven't seen yet. I'll probably go back and watch some of the short skate events, since those are pretty entertaining.

Haven't watched any of the Olympic broadcasts (Summer or Winter) for several years now.

Have I missed anything?

I actually keep forgetting it's going on until I flip past a news station that briefly mentions it. No one I know seems to talk about it, online or off. To be fair, they don't mention the other Olympics either, I'm not sure I know anyone interested in watching other people do sports, so it never comes up enough for me to get tired.

Yeah, it's boring at the start, and is boring now. I don't care much about winter sports, and I don't play any of them. And am I the only one who thinks that there are too many events which appear to be identical?

I actually enjoy the Winter Olympics much more than the Summer Games. Mostly the skiing and hockey events.

The summer olympics is sports that normal people do: run, swim, play hoops. The winter olympics is stuff that, with a couple of exemptions like skiing (and that is debatable), you need to be clinically insane to even think about doing them, at any level. Riding a sled at close to 90 mph ? Ski jumping ? Slope style snowboarding ? You need to be effin' nuts. And that makes it a lot more entertaining to me. Not to mention it's in the winter-time, a much better time for watching TV.

I watch them on occasion, but Ice Dancing is/was on waaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Lots of interest still in my household, and we have lots of family visiting. In fact, my SIL just got up to watch a game at 6:30 am. :)

Not much interest in most of the non-Olympic NBC coverage, especially all the Nancy Kerrigan / Tanya Harding stuff. Why on earth are they dredging up that muck again after all these years?

Not much interest in most of the non-Olympic NBC coverage, especially all the Nancy Kerrigan / Tanya Harding stuff. Why on earth are they dredging up that muck again after all these years?

Filler, I guess, when things are slow. And apparently some people are actually interested in it. Probably the same people who buy the National Enquirer.

DW occasionally watches figure skating but that's all. I don't watch any of it.

DW likes it. I watch very little, and really lost interest when the USA hockey team lost. I'm catching up on Homeland now, until baseball gets going.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Does anybody remember barrel jumping? It used to be on Wide World of Sports when I was a kid and was fun to watch. It's essentially a long jump on ice skates. Each skater goes around and around the rink gathering speed prior to attempting the jump. Frankly, I think it would be a far more valid Olympic event than some of the current ones, esp. curling.

+1

Guess that means I'm not an athletic supporter ;)

I have been enjoying watching many of the sports (hockey, alpine and crosscountry skiing, speedskating, snowboarding, etc). I skip figure skating entirely and must admit that I don't "get" curling.

Having recently retired makes watching in the mornings live very convenient! I tend to also record the evening coverage and then fast forward through the commercials and some of the human interest stuff.

All this being said, I am now ready for it to be over at the exact right time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom