Join Early Retirement Today
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by OldAgePensioner View Post
Guarantee it won't happen again cause the door just hit me in the ass. Happy moderators all around.
Yeah, sure, OAP, thanks for stopping by. If you felt that my comments were meant for you to be taken personally, well, you shouldn't-- it's not about you. In any case your exit line is just as believable now as it was the second or third time you posted your departure and stomped off in a huff.

For the rest of the board, I'll point out that the difference is that this time the complaints were coming from other posters and nothing has been done by the moderators. OAP's on his own...

The book written on, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Yeah, OAP describes my home state with great accuracy, I'm afraid. The diabetes epidemic along with strokes and other obesity related illnesses are well known to us in the South, and I took his thread to be just confirmation of what I see every day. I took no offence to OAP, because I know he's been out West, where there are just skinny people (and no one who drinks buttermilk for breakfast, for a long time!

Whoa! I missed the buttermilk thing and only got an inkling of it from this post. My grandfather used to drink *heavy cream* as a beverage. He'd knock back 8 oz every afternoon, 7 days a week. He washed down half a dozen Italian sausages with it. He lived in upstate NY.

He lived to 83. He was extremely happy. Some might even say jolly.

Mike D.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
It's not about disagreement, it's about gratuitous antagonism, shades of racism, and other elements which add nothing positive to the discussion.

Agreed. I've been dismayed by many of the threads which seemed to have as their motive to denigrate some group or individual. For example, posting the news story about Paris Hilton being sent back to jail (so others have the opportunity to laugh at and bash her and other young celebrities?)

These types of threads display a mean-spirited tone, which is unlike the general tone of civility that I assumed this site was aiming for.
Oldbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #64
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I didn't think of the buttermilk thread as being along racist lines. Not for a moment was I thinking that OAP was poking fun at a particular ethnic group. I took it be about obesity, a topic that I am familiar with, and everything I said in my reply I would say in public.

As for the regular postings on mexican illegals being responsible for everything that is wrong in the US, the rants about political parties, I simply choose not to click on them. I know anything I have to say is not going to change anyone's mind, just as it is unlikely that my mind will be changed.

Life is not all about group hugs. I don't want to see a board full of sanctions, where we all just nod our heads and agree. We all have choices, and if we see a racist thread we can choose to ignore it or choose to participate and state our opinion.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #65
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Hey, I just noticed I exceeded 3000 posts!

So, as the poster of >3000 posts, filled with inanity, jocularity, frivolity, hilarity, and a bit of insanity, let me add my $0.02:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protuberances.jpg (24.0 KB, 4 views)
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #66
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Thats at least tree fitty.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote