Anyone else get an email from: irs@InternalRevenueServ???

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I could not read the entire address in my mailbox, but this is supposed to look as if the IRS is giving me a refund as the subject is: Refund Notification.
Along with the Easter Bunny, I believe in this. Needless to say, I deleted it without finding out just how many thousands of dollars the IRS is giving me back...chortle! snort!
Anyone else get this email? Wonder if it is another Nigerian scam?:bat:

I could not read the entire address in my mailbox, but this is supposed to look as if the IRS is giving me a refund as the subject is: Refund Notification.
Along with the Easter Bunny, I believe in this. Needless to say, I deleted it without finding out just how many thousands of dollars the IRS is giving me back...chortle! snort!
Anyone else get this email? Wonder if it is another Nigerian scam?:bat:

Yep, I did. I know that the IRS is at irs.gov, and that was not where the e-mail was from so I didn't open it either.

DW got that scam email a few months ago. How could they get her email from a form 1040? Why did I not get an email also since I am #1 on all IRS forms.

I'm sure that it is legit to send them your personal info.

Yup. It's a known spam email that has been going around for a few months.

The IRS would never email you about anything. They only use 3 methods to contact you:
  • Phone
  • Regular mail
  • Knock on your door

Hmmmm, I didn't get anything from the IRS BUT I did get an email today from the "UK Lottery Bureau" telling me that I won 552,000 pounds Sterling yesterday from their online drawing.
Wow, and to think I didn't even have any tickets for this lottery. :duh:

Interesting to note that the message was sent from a Comcast.com email account. Didn't know Comcast was in the U.K.:rolleyes:

You have to wonder who is the bigger scam artist, the actual IRS or the guys sending these emails?

Yup. It's a known spam email that has been going around for a few months.

The IRS would never email you about anything. They only use 3 methods to contact you:
  • Phone
  • Regular mail
  • Knock on your door
They have some adjunct personnel that kick down your door if they think you are far enough in arrears.

When I worked for an Internet company we knew that they were having issues. Then one day, we saw a group of IRS agents forming up in the courtyard. They were going after another business in the building but it must have worked since my company paid up with the IRS.

Its going around again.

Some key tips that this is probably not the IRS...

"This notification has been sent by the Internal Revenue Service,
a boureau of the Department of the Treasury."

"▪ Deliberate wrong imputs are criminally pursued and indicted."

Maybe the IRS should keep my $203.59 and invest it in a spell checker and someone with proper grammar....

Speaking of indicted... ;)

Its going around again.

Some key tips that this is probably not the IRS...

"This notification has been sent by the Internal Revenue Service,
a boureau of the Department of the Treasury."

"▪ Deliberate wrong imputs are criminally pursued and indicted."

Maybe the IRS should keep my $203.59 and invest it in a spell checker and someone with proper grammar....

Speaking of indicted... ;)

The bad guys need a lesson in IRS modalities. ;)

Back
Top Bottom