Anyone else having problems with Charter/Spectrum ?

ownyourfuture

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Approximately 1.5 months ago, charter/spectrum made major changes to the VOD area. They added 15-20 channels that previously weren't available there.

Here's the problems related to VOD:
Consistent audio drops:
Screen Melt: Screen contorts along with audio drops.
Some programs aren't even viewable: You click on them & it simply shows a black screen, or the video looks scrambled.

I have more to add, but it's not worth posting until I see if anybody else at the forum has experienced these problems.

Have Spectrum. Not having any problems.

Most cable problems are local in nature. You should call customer service.

You should call customer service.
Went to the local office yesterday. Explained the problems I was having. Was told they hadn't had any complaints.
Informed her that last Friday (March 29th) I contacted 3 people that live in the same town & also have charter, & that all 3 are having similar issues.
As the crow flies, one lives about a mile away, another about 2 & the other about 4 miles away. This pretty much covers the entire spectrum (pun intended)
She was flat out lying IMO.

Told her I wanted a credit for the poor service. She said first we have to find out if it's unique to you (your location) Reminded her that I had already contacted 3 people & that should be enough to prove it's not unique to me. Have a tech coming to my location tomorrow.

Last edited:
Went to the local office yesterday. Wasn't satisfied with the explanation.
That's why I noted I had more to add, but I would wait until I heard if others we're having similar issues.

Okay.

I can't see how random folks on the internet can help.

But good luck.

If you have a local group like a local Facebook group or Next-door group in your area, I would post your question on that group. I am active on my local Next door group and we have a lot of discussion about Spectrum on that forum.

I can't see how random folks on the internet can help.
I don't know how many registered users early retirement.org has, but the population of my town is approximately 70,000.
I thought there was a 'chance' a member or 2 might live in the same town.

OK ?

If you have a local group like a local Facebook group or Next-door group in your area, I would post your question on that group. I am active on my local Next door group and we have a lot of discussion about Spectrum on that forum.

Good suggestions. We do have a local FB group titled (Town Name) Memories. I'll consider posting there. Thanks!

We had someplace similar to your next-door group a while back, but it's basically turned into a ghost town.

Update: the Charter technician spent about 1.5 hours at my home.
He worked on the box on the back of my garage, inside the garage where my splitter is located, & replaced all the old coaxial cable wherever possible inside the house, with new thicker stuff.

He also replaced the old Motorola cable boxes. The difference is astounding!
Full HD in my room, & even my 2003 51" Sony projection TV in the living room looks amazing. I have to believe the change is due mostly to the new boxes.

I probably had the old Motorola's for close to 20 years, & they may have been used when I started using them ? If anyone is in a similar situation, even with a different cable company, I'd call them & insist that they replace the old ones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom