Anyone having Yahoo problems?

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
For the last few days the site has been extremely slow for me. I use it out of habit mostly and still have an email address with them. Everything is slow on their site for me. Google and GMAIL works fine. And navigating to sites like this one is plenty fast. I've run virus and malware scans but doesn't help.

Just wondered if it was me. I can convert to GMAIL only and avoid Yahoo altogether I guess.

Yahoo "Groups" has turned into such a disaster with their latest "upgrade" that it would be impossible to tell if it had gotten worse. But hard to imagine that it could.

Yes, at least finance.yahoo.com seems to be slow.... uhoh! now Marissa will have appear before congress :LOL:

Yahoo is my home page, and it has been just as fast as ever for me. I just checked and have no problems with yahoo email either, or with yahoo finance. Maybe it is a local thing?

Last edited:
They must be doing mods. I just went back the finance page and the whole layout looks different.

They must be doing mods. I just went back the finance page and the whole layout looks different.

Yahoo, yea that stuff 'happens'.

MRG

I use MyYahoo as my home page. The only thing that drives me nuts is that the weather module thinks I am in Jersey City, NJ quite often (I am in CT). Unfortunately, Yahoo tech support will not assist me on this.

I had an error message a few days ago that popped up when I tried to access my email. It lasted a day and a half then it just started working suddenly and have had no problems since.

Yahoo took its mail server down for a while when it was hacked. They suggest new passwords all around.
My crisis is that they have let the security card/address expire on their games platform and Norton blocks the site. No card games...sad.

It might be slow because today was the last day of the 'old' my.yahoo page... everybody was converted to the 'new' better :nonono: one...

One of the problems that I have is that now when I open a new tab I do not get my yahoo home page, but a 'search.conduit.com' site... I do not think this is a yahoo issue, but I do wonder what happened and how I can fix it... so far, I cannot find out why it is loading this page.... any suggestions:confused:

It might be slow because today was the last day of the 'old' my.yahoo page... everybody was converted to the 'new' better :nonono: one...

One of the problems that I have is that now when I open a new tab I do not get my yahoo home page, but a 'search.conduit.com' site... I do not think this is a yahoo issue, but I do wonder what happened and how I can fix it... so far, I cannot find out why it is loading this page.... any suggestions:confused:

conduit is essentially a browser hijack. It is not a virus so the AV software probably won't do anything with it. You have to go through manually removing it.

Be careful out there: Conduit Search spyware is annoying the Internet | Daily Slice

Lately in Yahoo Mail I've been getting a vertical ad banner which blocks the right side of the screen no matter what I do. Very uncool and declassee.

Just for SAG I changed my 16 character password to a new 16 character password and made all security question answers so stupid no one could guess them in 100 years!

Q: What was the name of your favorite childhood friend?

A: postmaster 328 ski pluto

as an example. I love it when Vanguard or Ally Bank asks me a security question but no one ever seems to think these are ODD replies! I guess they see this sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom