Anyone us a dental school for implants?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Any experience with having a dental implant done at a dental school? Did they did a decent job? It sure is cost cutting to go to a dental school as they quoted me a cleaning starting at $50 and the exam/xrays at $60. Just called out of curiosity, and wonder why I am not having them clean and exam me now every year.

Dang! My regular dentist--granted, he is top notch in his work--wants $150 for the xrays alone since he has one of those new machines that take the photo completely around your mouth at one time (I hope somebody understands what I am saying). That is just too expensive I thought....fancy new machine or not.

I had alot of work done at USC dental school in the eighties. Very cheap, very good work, but slow - the prof would come around and check after each step. Cavities, replaced fillings, and impacted wisdom teeth removed.

My friend's sister flies in from her Maryland home right outside DC to go to the U. of Iowa Dental School for implants. She said they are so much cheaper there than where she lives. It's something to really think about...

I have a working friend that has good dental insurance but insist on going to the dental school for all his families work. He thinks they are great.
I'm planning on looking into it now that I'm retire and have zero dental coverage.
Oh, you might want to consider skipping the x rays and such on some cleanings. When I told my dentist I would no longer have coverage, that was suggested as a way to save some money. They just do some of that stuff to get all the money possible from insurance. Not necessary every cleaning visit I guess, since they brought it up?
Steve

The Dentist I used insists on doing it every 3 years. I turned them down last time as I just saw it as a moneymaker...but maybe that's just me.

Many years ago I had dental work done at OSU: filling replacements, crowns, burnishing (I think that's the right word). The work was slow & inspected by an experienced dentist. My later dentists (also graduates of OSU) remarked that the work was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom