Anyone watching Narcos on Netflix?

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Netflix original 10 part mini drama based on Pablo Escobar's empire just started streaming. Lots of historical accuracy, violence and lots of subtitles, but it is very well done. Not 1 actor that I've ever seen before but the acting is superb, especially the guy who plays Escobar. This cartel was taking in 60 million dollars a day at one point. The scope of it was staggering.

One more episode to go for us.... we know how it will end, but getting there has been a great ride.

I love the S. Florida references. I lived there in the early eighties. They didn't call them the cocaine cowboys for nothing, it was the wild west. When I was young I was fearless, now I shudder when I think about those days.

Thanks for the reminder about this series, Tailgate. I've been thinking about signing up for Netflix for a month or two for a good bit of old-fashioned binge-watching. The trouble is, you can't browse Netflix to see what's on there unless you're already signed up. I'm sure the selection has changed greatly since I was last on it a year or so ago.

Knowing that Narcos is up and running gives me enough incentive to sign up.

There is a Netflix thread here. Also check rotten tomatoes and whatsonnetflix for sections on netflix. A twitter feed to follow is @iw_popular.
I'll have to queue Narcos. Sounds very good.

After being sucked into "Breaking Bad" (and loving every minute of it) I made a pledge never again to watch a series based on the "drug trade." I find it too frustrating to watch a "manufactured" cat and mouse game crated by the politics of the drug culture and it's also manufactured "war" on dugs. I would present my fool-proof "solution" to the drug "problem" but it would quickly smell of bacon here in ER land. YMMV

I got a notification from netflix about this series - will check it out

Narcos are a very popular SpanishTV series theme. La Reina del Sur was spectacular! - I think that's also available on Netflix. But that was enough for me.

We are really enjoying Narcos on Netflix. I lived in Medellin before and so I am loving the history aspects and the neighborhood scenes.

Back
Top Bottom