Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclingInvestor View Post
In my working, Diet Coke guzzling days I drank 1-2 2 liter bottles a day. Often I
did not use the restroom until I was getting ready to bike home, especially if that was
the first time I stood up since arriving (mini-fridge in the office).

Retired, I drink over a gallon a day (of refrigerated tap water) in the summer, probably
half that in winter. My fridge starts each day with two 1/2 gallon pitchers and two
24oz cups of water, which all disappears before night on hot days.
Cycling Investor, it occurred to me the other day as I was schlepping 50 lb bags of dog food into the trunk--how do you transport ungainly stuff without a car? I see from the above that you don't have to buy bottled water, but what about the dog food? Inquiring minds....

Boss buys us diet soda and water, but nags if we don't drink enough water. Like Saluki, I am immune to caffeine, thanks to growing up in the tea business.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

I don't think we're any more thirsty than we used to be. I do believe that we've been told over and over again that we need our 8 cups of water per day and some people think that water = Pepsi or Coke. Also, many people ignore the fact that you consume water not only by drinking it but water is in the food we eat as well.

Maybe there's a direct correlation between larger drinks and larger waistlines.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Cycling Investor, it occurred to me the other day as I was schlepping 50 lb bags of dog food into the trunk--how do you transport ungainly stuff without a car? I see from the above that you don't have to buy bottled water, but what about the dog food? Inquiring minds....
My roommate has an SUV, which I borrow as needed - once or twice a month maybe,
for Costco / Petco runs. I also rent a car maybe once a month or so for pleasure trips
or whatever.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #24

I am often thirsty, and am guilty of usually having a water bottle on hand, but lab results have ruled out any medical issues. Fortunately, I am not a soda or sweetened beverage person. Good ol water is my standby...and do not prefer it iced or overly chilled. Has been this way all my life. (several glasses of water with dinner, before dinner, etc...)
Old 09-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyerishgold View Post
Maybe there's a direct correlation between larger drinks and larger waistlines.
a big theme for weight watchers is "don't drink your calories"...

they say that each additional can of soda per day increases a child's risk for obesity by 1.6 times...even diet soda no good for them because of the artificial sweeteners and it makes them have a taste for super sweet stuff...
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I have supermarket stuff delivered right into my kitchen and U.P.S or USPS stuff delivered to the office and then if its really ungainly, I spring for a $10 cab ride. I'm the one who has a reputation here of carrying frozen meat in my briefcase.

A theater near me was re-modeled, additional bathrooms were added in the old organ bays. Not sure what that reveals about us now.