Are/were you for sale? Trading principle for pay.

Any chance you have a link to an actual DoD or Navy public document with these conclusions? I am currently trying to convince my CEO that $$$ is the only think that will prevent a mass exodus from the company; but, he hasn't bought it so far.
No joy, although I did find this:

SWO, sub communities face midgrade officer gap - Navy News, news from Iraq - Navy Times

“Though officer retention rates have generally increased, there remain select shortfalls in the control grades,” he wrote, referring to aggregate numbers across all the officer communities. “Commander and lieutenant commander inventories are below requirements; though, for the first time in many years, unrestricted line captain inventory exceeds officer programmed authorizations. Special and incentive pays and quality of life initiatives remain the primary tools to reduce these shortfalls.”

The submarine service is also seeing control-grade shortages. Ferguson said goals were met only once in the past five years, adding that the force is short 452 critical billets Navy-wide.

And while the Navy is short SWOs and submariners, aviators are thick in the control grades because of a longer initial obligation after winging — eight years — and an aviation bonus that takes an officer to 14 years. Also, turbulence in the airline industry has tightened up a traditional exit for military aviators.

Worked for a fly by night Internet company that took in $60 million of investors money and blew it on many different levels. This was in 1998 and a sign of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom